CONFIRMATION: JVC HA-FX1000 IS the JVC Victor HP-FX500.
Jun 3, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #76 of 183
I have my JVC FX500's on the way from Bluetin Japan!! Yippeeeeee........

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #77 of 183
hehe cn11...

That'll be four of us with the same rig... that'll be nearly FOTM status
wink.gif

Zenpunk... If you don't like them, I might buy them from you so I can have a spare pair
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #78 of 183
Hey folks,being the terrible student that I am. I decided to skip my chinese classes to go to my local audio store, in search for possible headphones candidates to match with the walkman x1060 when it comes to Taiwan in the next two weeks or so. To cut a long story short, I demoed the FX500 and was nothing short of blown away. These are some very seductive headphones. I must say that I still prefer by some margin the IE8s sound presentation and think that they have an overall better SQ than the FX500s( This is very subjective though). Actually, I'll prefer to say that they are very different IEMs rather than saying one is better than the other because I can see why some folks may prefer the FX500 presentation.

I couldn't care less if these in fact don't turn out to be the same as the FX1000. However, if they do turn out to be the same then as someone rightly said these might just be the "Best Bang for the Buck IEMs for the year or perhaps century".
darthsmile.gif

Even though I thought the IE8s were better YMMV. Ofcourse, I bought the FX500s.I got them for the equivalent of US$118.00. It's not only a steal, but down right ROBBERY. I ran so fast out of the store, thinking that the clerk may actually say that they made a mistake with the price!!.

I've only had them on for about 4 hours now. You can call this new toy syndrome or whatever but what I think I can safely say is that the bass on these go lower than the IE8s. You can actually feel those low bass. in terms of quality its quite reminiscent if the Denon D2000. At this point my only qualm is that the higher frequencies show no sign of attenuation with distance/depth. I presume this is something that may be rectified with "burn in".
I think I prefer these to my Denon C700s. They seem smoother in the treble region as well. I love the C700s treble though
tongue_smile.gif
Call them harsh, artifcial or overdone, I love it!! Alright I've ranted on for longer than I thought I would've. Anyways I think I have found the headphones to recommend for <$200.

Oh if you're wondering I used the IEMs with my sony s738 and also via a T-Cube portable amplifier

Regards

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #79 of 183
I'm drooling!! I absolutely can't wait to receive mine now!!! Better low bass than IE8?? Man oh man if this is true, I'm gonna be in heaven.
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #80 of 183
Hey HONEYBOY, nice description of the bass and I totally agree with it. Today, when I was going back and forth between the W3 and JVC today, I tried to 'measure' the extra JVC bass in my head
smile_phones.gif
- and it sounded like it had around 40% extra weight and went about 20% lower. It's a pretty noticeable difference, so much so that I've actually turned down the bass on my Sony by one notch because I discovered I don't need that much bass
happy_face1.gif

I don't have my C700's anymore, but I did love the treble. Better treble than the E500 and I chose them over the E500 anyway, which made for a few sarcastic comments lol! But... I've yet to hear anything that does acoustic guitar like the JVC. They beat the Denons to my ears by a pretty big margin. Oh, now I feel like I'm betraying my ex-beloved C700's
frown.gif
- but I did love them for nine whole months
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: HONEYBOY, I meant to add that when I got my Triple.fi, I listened to them for a couple of weeks exclusively, and when I went back to the C700's, they'd become unlistenable in comparison. I kept fiddling with the fit because I couldn't work out where half the music had gone, it was weird! Would love to know what the C700's sound like to you after a week or two's exclusive listening to the JVC
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #81 of 183
HONEYBOY-
If you don't mind me asking, what specifically is it about the IE8's sound that you still prefer over the FX500? I do like hearing that they reach lower than the IE8's, because, I do like me some bass.

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #83 of 183
Because Duncan discovered them and compared to a FOTM: IE8
And he preferred FX-500 over IE8, and he started the IE8 appreciation thread.
So now EVERYONE wants to hear how amazing this babe sound, and many are
rediscovering shigzeo's review from way back then.

But yeah, they finally got the publicity they deserved here
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #85 of 183
LOL!!! I actually cant believe this is happening.... So much rave after such a long time of them being out. Sheesh! Im glad people are actually finally taking a step to listen to these! They are great bang for buck!

So im with you there Shigzeo, by the way i typed this up and just realized you commented very similar above lol.

Jun 4, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #86 of 183
shigzeo-
I actually wanted to try them way back when because of your review, but it just seemed to be a bit of a hassle to get them to the USA. But now with the renewed fervor, I looked into getting them here more thoroughly. Bluetin seems to be very respectable, so that's where I ordered them. I got the last pair in stock for now too, right after I ordered the site said 'back ordered'. Guess I had good timing.

Jun 4, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #87 of 183
...and the funny thing is, I didn't even know about the FX500 until it was pointed out that the FX1000 I bought were more than likely the same product...

They have a truly killer synergy with the Sony X1000 which allows them to punch well above their weight... If listened to exclusively for a couple of days, they make all (my) other IEMs sound cheap, plasticy, or metallic... awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #88 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just want to make sure of one thing... why oh why did no one respond to my decent review of 1,2 years ago? they are no better now than they were then but now they are getting some wind in their sails.

finally though!

becasue jvc wouldnt sell them to anyone outside japan

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #89 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hehe cn11...

That'll be four of us with the same rig... that'll be nearly FOTM status
wink.gif

Zenpunk... If you don't like them, I might buy them from you so I can have a spare pair
wink.gif

Yep, four of us with the synergy of this rig. I really, really look forward to hearing this and hope it works well for my upcoming trip to China, mainly hoping to get somewhat better isolation than the IE8's. I guess we're fanning the 'hype'?
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #90 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha, i am glad that others are finding them... but geeze! i poured my heart and soul into that review (with all its bad grammar and spelling) and expected an angelic awakening on the other end, but discovered rather, the sound of silence.

Nelson-Haha.jpg
:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back