Confirm a problem with my Triple.fi 10 Pros
Jul 16, 2008 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jordanross

100+ Head-Fier
So I had my pair of triple.fi's for about 3 days when I felt there was something wrong, the soundstage was off and things seemed muddy and muffled. I called up UE and they were very nice and said they would replace them. So I took a little road trip down to Irvine, to have them replaced.

Anyway, can some one confirm my worries or relieve me...

On the Beatles alblum Abbey Road on the song "You Never Give Me Your Money", Do you hear audible distortion on the highs of the crescendo (guitar) @ 2:10 in the left channel or am I crazy. Could my new triple.fi's be damaged as well.
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 6
Hum... I think I'm hearing what you're hearing. It's at 2:11-2:12 to be more precise?

Btw I'm listening on my PX 100s, I sent back my triple.fis for repair, but I guess it would be much more noticeable on those.

Jul 16, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 6
So I'm not crazy, its in the recording?

BTW thanks for the quick reply GN85...

Jul 16, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanross /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I'm not crazy, its in the recording?

well you could definitely be crazy as well as the recording being a bit of a mess in that spot.

best of both worlds!
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanross /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the Beatles alblum Abbey Road on the song "You Never Give Me Your Money", Do you hear audible distortion on the highs of the crescendo (guitar) @ 2:10 in the left channel or am I crazy. Could my new triple.fi's be damaged as well.
frown.gif

I just listened to my copy through the TF10's, and 2.16 through to 2.25 is also pretty distorted from the left channel. I knew it wasn't the headphones as I hear the same distortion on my home system too. I only checked the TF10's to hear exactly how distorted it was. And it is. So your phones are fine
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks everyone, for checking this out. I really appreciate your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back