Conductor Air pocket sized USB DAC, Headphone Amp, Remote Controlled Preamp
Sep 30, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #121 of 142
Just google the name in device manager, or check the Burson website.

Oct 2, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #122 of 142
Thanks Vox, I've confirmed with the support (Burson) and picked up the correct driver.

Dear all,

But 1 thing that I would like to ask is when using AIr with Jriver/foobar2000/Youtube (browser = Chrome)...  I couldn't tune up/down the vol or even mute the unit.  All I could do is to use the software vol slider to control the vol.  Even if I pressed the physical mute button on the unit, it didn't mute at all.  

I am sure I chose the correct driver in my Win 10 PC as the default playback devices (XMOS XS1-U8 MFA).  Other than that, I am very happy with the SQ of this little guy.

Thanks!
Cowby

Nov 2, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #123 of 142

Hello all Burson Air owners,
I wonder whether anyone found a suitable travel case ( or even better leather case) to protect our Conductor Air ?
Any idea or sourcing is welcome.
Thanks

Nov 16, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #126 of 142
Wondering if anyone has tried pairing this with sensitive IEMs? Any issues with background hissing, or with the 3 ohm impedance? Trying to decide between this and Mojo. I'd be pairing it with CA Vega and ASG 1Plus in the near term, but also looking to pickup CA Andromeda before the year is out. TIA

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #127 of 142
Wondering if anyone has tried pairing this with sensitive IEMs? Any issues with background hissing, or with the 3 ohm impedance? Trying to decide between this and Mojo. I'd be pairing it with CA Vega and AS 1+ in the near term, but also looking to pickup CA Andromeda before the year is out. TIA

Although I haven't heard any of the IEM's that you mention I can confirm that there's some background hiss with easy to drive IEM's. I'm not bothered much by it personally but if one are it might be a problem.

Imo the Air and the Mojo perform on an equal level but the Mojo has a more laid back and relaxed presentation while the Air has better dynamics and drive to my ears.

As always ymmw....

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #128 of 142
  Wondering if anyone has tried pairing this with sensitive IEMs? Any issues with background hissing, or with the 3 ohm impedance? Trying to decide between this and Mojo. I'd be pairing it with CA Vega and ASG 1Plus in the near term, but also looking to pickup CA Andromeda before the year is out. TIA

I never tried before, so just did it :
My volume setup with Audeze Sine headphones is normally around 50.
I connected LZ A2S IEMS and had to reduce volume to 30 to have same level output.
Absolutely dead silent . No Hiss whatsoever ...

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #129 of 142

Sorry, didn't catch the 1Plus :wink:

Personally I didn't like the 1Plus with the Mojo. It lacked energy and felt very lifeless to me. As alway YMMV.....

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #130 of 142

With certain IEM's the air has a slight hiss, nothing terrible but noticeable, never heard a hiss with the mojo very black background from a portable dac/amp. I think it might have something to do with the power supply not coming from the same cord as the music supply or using it completely on battery. The CA Adromeda and vega sounds great with the mojo, never heard the 1plus. Adromeda has more punch to the bass with the Air, but I find this can recess the mids a bit and sometimes sound thumping instead of refined. But definitely a bit more bass on the Air and the air sometimes has a very rushed tempo to it like notes are being cut short. They're both worth a listen and very good, if you listen to dsd or high res a lot I personally like the mojo better for that. I find the Air plays dsd strangely.

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #131 of 142
After two monthes of intensive daily use, i want to say i am still very happy of the conductor Air (+Audeze Sine) .
Major criticism does not concern it's wonderful  audio quality , but it's silver brushed aluminium finish: way too fragile for a portable DAC... scratches will ruin it's look fast.
Also one word about the supplied USBA to micro USB cable . It is splendid , but way too long for a mobile usage : 20/30cm would be preferable bu far.
Finally the splendid remote control is rather useless  since the headphone cable to connect the Air is shorter than my arm...
So do I regret my purchase ?
Yes and No
Yes because I still think my Oppo HA2 is more practical, robust, manageable than the Air , and the Oppo sound quality is just a tiny little drop below. 
No because in term of table top , it's always operational: The AIr does not need to be recharged or connected to the AC power. just Plug and Play your mac book...

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #132 of 142
Thinking about grabbing one of these for my ether c for work.

Currently have an idsd and an explorer 2 with an elemental Watson hybrid amp.

Was considering selling the idsd and explorer and getting the mojo for dac duty into the hybrid amp, but thinking this might fit the bill.

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #134 of 142
My SE535 Does fine with the CAir.
Low volumes start at 10, and maxes out comfortably at 40. Anymore will definitely cause damage to hearing.
The bass punches strong, and the rest is just detailed and smooth.

The mojo seems to make the sound tighter, but the bass is not as deep. CAir is more musical

Feb 17, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #135 of 142
  My SE535 Does fine with the CAir.
Low volumes start at 10, and maxes out comfortably at 40. Anymore will definitely cause damage to hearing.
The bass punches strong, and the rest is just detailed and smooth.

The mojo seems to make the sound tighter, but the bass is not as deep. CAir is more musical

The SE535 have an impedance of 36ohms which is over 10x CAir´s 3ohm output impedance. That´s why they should play without any problem. The SE846 have an impedance of 9ohms which is only 3x CAir´s output impedance. In the papers, this is a problem. It should generate considerable hiss. That´s why I´m asking for any experience. Thanks for sharing your experience with the SE535s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back