Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Jul 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #751 of 1,242
I read them perfectly fine, and I double check the result using another IEM. As I said, my M4 sounds normal, as with the IEM I used for double checking.

You forget that, with IEM, everything will play 'inside' your head. That test is designed for speaker, not IEM.

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #752 of 1,242
Quote:
I read them perfectly fine, and I double check the result using another IEM. As I said, my M4 sounds normal, as with the IEM I used for double checking.
You forget that, with IEM, everything will play 'inside' your head. That test is designed for speaker, not IEM.

but. same polarity matter in speaker and iem and headphone.

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #753 of 1,242

Yes, but the way of interpretation is different. There is no such thing as out-of-head anymore when you are using IEM. Just a varying degree of in-the-head.

Jul 31, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #754 of 1,242

I have Fischer DBA-02's modified with Westone sockets (see my avatar), which allows me to very easily switch polarity on these BA IEMs. I visited that polarity-check website and tried all the tests, using one of the connectors in both configurations. At best I heard only tiny differences, and those were not consistent as too which was "correct polarity".

Maybe it's just the nature of BA IEMs, but it leaves me with the answer that polarity doesn't matter.

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #756 of 1,242
Aug 1, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #757 of 1,242
Quote:
I have Fischer DBA-02's modified with Westone sockets (see my avatar), which allows me to very easily switch polarity on these BA IEMs. I visited that polarity-check website and tried all the tests, using one of the connectors in both configurations. At best I heard only tiny differences, and those were not consistent as too which was "correct polarity".
Maybe it's just the nature of BA IEMs, but it leaves me with the answer that polarity doesn't matter.

thank you for your report. :)

Aug 1, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #758 of 1,242
Any ETA for your EPH-100 review? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #759 of 1,242
Any ETA for your EPH-100 review? :D

Not any time soon, unfortunately. Still have a long list to go through before it hits EPH-100.

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #762 of 1,242
how do you feel about the ck100 pro compared to others in its price range?

I think it is hard to talk about VFM (value-for-money) factor for any IEM pass over a certain price point of (say $350~$400). But if there is only one universal IEM I can have, it will probably be CK100 Pro.

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #763 of 1,242

That's maybe because the polarity of your DBA02s were already fixated when Brian placed those Westone sockets I believe. Unless he corrected the polarity when he faced them, either way it's not an issue as long as both are done the same way, inverted or absolute. 

Both the B2 and DBA02MKII have inverted polarity, very likely the DBA02 mkI is the same. Which again isn't an issue at all when both channels are matched this way, so nothing to worry about. 

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #764 of 1,242
if i'm not wrong, the re-zero and re-262 review was made in the non-balanced plug mode. did you have a chance to try them 'balanced' as the re-272 ?

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #765 of 1,242
if i'm not wrong, the re-zero and re-262 review was made in the non-balanced plug mode. did you have a chance to try them 'balanced' as the re-272 ?

Yes, unless mentioned, all review are done with single-ended setup. My RE262 is an early prototype without the balanced plug, so I can't listen to it on balanced amp. However, I do have a StepDance, which is pretty close to being an balanced amp (as compared to the balanced amp module on HM801) and I can say that neither Re-zero or RE-262 benefit as much on balanced amping as RE-272.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back