1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)

First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Next

Last
  1. ClieOS Contributor

Quote:

Initial impression: BIG bass, V-shaped, A LOT OF FUN!!!

2. Boffinboy

Quote:

Thanks ClieOS, I'm using Etymotic HF2s at the moment - they're great and wonderfully detailed but a little bit cold and lacking in bass impact (even with a good seal).

Tried some Sennheiser IE8s, but the bass really muddied the rest of the sound, even on the lowest setting. Struggling to find some headphones that have both bass and detail and that also have a remote/mic! I will try and see if the apple store has any demo pairs of the superdarts.

3. kanuka
    hi clieos
    short question. i can get the M1 for $25, would you recommend it? 
    tnkx

4. ClieOS Contributor

Quote:

Brainwavz M1? It is a pretty good deal @ $25.

5. kanuka

Quote:

thanks.
    being both mid-rated , how different they sound from the PL50? 

6. ClieOS Contributor

Quote:

M1 is faster and more forward with a sweeter vocal and harder hitting bass, but nor quite as resolving as PL50. Overall M1 is more fun while PL50 is more neutral, though both are mid centric.

7. kanuka

now, my question is: i have 3 iems in mind  A151 for $60 , TD for $50 and M1 for $25. i can get any or all of them, but is it a wise buy? i already have the PL50

8. ClieOS Contributor

Quote:
    Personally, I'll skip M1 since it doesn't quite compared to the other two. I'll probably go with TD for $50 and save my money for the future.

9. kanuka

Quote:

then would you consider the TD and RE0 a better combination purchase?

10. ClieOS Contributor

Quote:

TD should complement RE0 well since they are not alike, but the real question is, are they what you are looking for? Or perhaps you are just trying a few of them out?

11. kanuka

Quote:

yes, i think you can say that.  just check most of my posts! i became a 500+ head-fier only with that [​IMG]

although i dont like trying (and returning) earphones, but that's what this has turned into. if isn't the sound signature, then it's the fit, comfort, isolation or the build quality, or even wind noise
    i thought i'd be totally happy with the pl50 and wont need any iem other more. but even they really impressed me, the fit was a nightmare
    guess there's no need to list all what i've tried.
    as for the RE0 i already had them but they broke very easily, but i miss too much the sound of those, so i consider getting them again (silly, right? )

so i'm trying different designs and fits , and prices (with  a tight limited  budget). 

12. crezo
    Firstly a big thank you for all the work you've put in, that's one hell of a collection you've gone through!

I'm really intrigued by the Atomic Floyd Supers you just mentioned. I've always loved the design but they've had some massively mixed reviews... however everything I've heard about these so far has been great.  I'm using Rockford Fosgate Punch Plugs as my work and travel in ears at the moment, and love the super low bass - its one of the best I've heard that goes seriously low and load without any distortion (in the £100 ish price range anyway), but they just don't agree with me ear holes, the angled tips just seem to cause me discomfort so I'm seriously thinking about these.

I use Beyer DT 770 Pros with a cmoyBB altoid box o' lovely bass for all my dub step and dnb needs at home and can't ever image changing this setup as it's perfect for me. But I really need some new in-ears for work. Have you had much more of a chance to have a proper listen to them yet? My local apple store refuse to let you listen to them, and said they won't refund in ears due to hygiene issues once used, so I need some genuine feedback.

Thanks again for all the hard work, it's very much appreciated!

Mark

13. jamess71
    ClieOS Thank you for your excellent reviews. They really helped me decide on my latest purchase Vsonic GR07's  I'm waiting arrival.

14. ClieOS Contributor

Quote:

Maybe you'll just have to settle with the lesser of evil.

Quote:
    I can see why some will not like Atomic Floyd, especially if they are look for bigger bang for the buck. For the same money, you can probably find better sounding IEM than AF's model but to tell you the truth, AF's build quality is just stunningly good and that's really what worth the extra money. Superdarts probably has the best build quality of any IEM I have seen. As far as sound is concerned - first, you need to be able to like a really V-shaped sound, and I am talking something even more V-shaped than TF10. The bass is big and relentless while the treble is bright and shaped. Imagining Brainwavz B2 / Fischer Audio DBA-02, but come with a lot of bass. Like TF10, mid / vocal is the weakest link in the presentation but Superdarts makes up for it with a very wide soundstage. Technically I would consider Superdarts around the level between B2 and TF10, but the sound signature is certainly an acquired taste.

Quote:
    Hope you'll like it.

15. kanuka

Quote:
    sorry my low english level, but can you translate that? pls

First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Next

Last