Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (FINAL UPDATE March. 1st, 2013)
Jul 27, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #181 of 1,242

Quote:
in my case, the common ones like those that come with the Sennheiser cx series are worst for me. i think because the holes are TOO wide
but when i used the PL50 tips there was no comparison. needless to say when i used the sony hybrids. NO wax at all not on the tips and of course not on the nozzle. i dont know about the GR07 ones, but they look like the hybrids

If I wasn't happy with these, I already had the hybrids in my amazon cart haha. Good to know that they are also good for this. It was just a pleasant surprise. This is a picture from the lendmeurears site. On the right is the VSonic R04's wearing more standard looking tips. On the left are the GR07's with their slightly longer more tapered tips. the holes are reasonably wide though but it doesn't seem to matter. Compared to my previous IEM's tips, its night and day.

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #183 of 1,242

Quote:
That's because RE0 and E11 is a good match (synergy wise).

Spare filter is always a good thing, but the better thing to do is to keep your ear canal as clean as possible. Earwax is always an issue with IEM and especially worst if you are the type with a lot of earwax.  Keeping the IEM clean is just the basic, then you won't need to use those spare filter.

Always lurking on the IEM thread :p

I think keeping your ear clean is your best bet too. However, I have a nephew who will ruin a pair of IEM's even if he does clean his ears daily... It's just a personal thing. If your ears produce an ungodly amount of wax, I'd stay way from IEM's in general, or definitely get some with a filter of some sort. 

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #184 of 1,242

Quote:
i asume you should do with a lot of caution not to wet the iem driver. Yes, of course.
removing seems a easier method, but  of course not all filters are removable Well, quite a few member manage to pull the old filter out by force and stuff a foam pad in as a kind of mod.
does it changes the sound? It will, for good or bad.
yeah, and thanks for the cleaning tips

Quote:
This is a picture from the lendmeurears site.

That's my picture from the GR07 review. The R04 is using a Sony hybrid clone.

Quote:
too bad i cant see those tips from the front

Which one you want to see?

Quote:
I think keeping your ear clean is your best bet too. However, I have a nephew who will ruin a pair of IEM's even if he does clean his ears daily... It's just a personal thing. If your ears produce an ungodly amount of wax, I'd stay way from IEM's in general, or definitely get some with a filter of some sort. 

Well, there is also the Comply foam tips with the filter built-in.

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #187 of 1,242

Quote:
Good Call! Do you find them to affect the sound much?

Yes, the Comply TX series does affect the sound more than the other Comply. Generally it is better to pair it with more analytical sounding IEM. The new Ts series is probably the least affecting of all the Comply.

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #189 of 1,242

Quote:
hey clieos
may i ask why you consider the "Monster" design a Con for those Dunu's ? is it because what you mentioned that they could have made a more original design?

Because DUNU is a very capable company on manufacturing and doesn't need to make lookalike products to gain recognition. They can do better than that. Do you want your Ferrari to look like a Porsche?

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #190 of 1,242

Quote:
Because DUNU is a very capable company on manufacturing and doesn't need to make lookalike products to gain recognition. They can do better than that. Do you want your Ferrari to look like a Porsche?

i dont disagree on that, but it just doesnt sound like that when you put it in "Cons". i'd expect things like 'fit' , 'comfort' , 'isolation' , 'price' ,etc to be a Con
when i read that, i thought you meant that even the Monster IEM have a Con with that design

Jul 28, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #191 of 1,242

Quote:
i dont disagree on that, but it just doesnt sound like that when you put it in "Cons". i'd expect things like 'fit' , 'comfort' , 'isolation' , 'price' ,etc to be a Con
when i read that, i thought you meant that even the Monster IEM have a Con with that design

... and hence this is a concise writeup and why you should read the full review for more detail.

Jul 29, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #192 of 1,242
yeah. i expected that answer from you
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #193 of 1,242
hi
i want to get the RE0, but first i want to be sure which version to ask for. i saw already 3 versions!
i prefer the straight plug, but lower microphonics and lower memory cable is better.
any info? thanks

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #194 of 1,242
Quote:
hi
i want to get the RE0, but first i want to be sure which version to ask for. i saw already 3 versions!
i prefer the straight plug, but lower microphonics and lower memory cable is better.
any info? thanks

Don't think you can ask for a specific version of RE0. Whatever is the current version in stock, you'll get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back