Computer Source Pain
Nov 7, 2002 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

blip

Headphoneus Supremus
Dahhh! Okay, I generally use my computer to play music while I'm doing work or surfing the web. While I don't like the sound of any compressed format, I'm able to stand it. Lately though I've had my computer off a lot so I've been playing music through my computer speakers (Klipsch 2.1s... not good, not bad) from a regular CDP. I just flipped my system on and listened to an MP3 and my ears practically hurt! Argh! I got too used to using a non-computer source. Now I'm going to have to lug my CD collection with me!

It's true what they say, you can never go back to suckier source.

Just thought I should share my pain.

Nov 7, 2002 at 5:30 AM Post #2 of 3
If you need advice on how to get better sound out of your PC, this forum is a good place to start. Of course, it'll cost ya.

Nov 7, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
If you need advice on how to get better sound out of your PC, this forum is a good place to start. Of course, it'll cost ya.

Lol. I hear that. I'm thinking about getting an external DAC but money is a little tight right now. (Tuition payments, rent, laundry, girlfriend etc. etc.)

Ah well. I'm building a CMoy for my PCDP and I've heard that if you use one as a pre-amp for a soundcard it can actually improve quality. If it actually does then I suppose I can scrape together enough dough to build a second as a dedicated preamp. Anyone know anything about that.

Then again, there is only so much that can be done when you are using the oh so lousy SB Live! (If someone offers you one of these, just say "no". No matter how good the deal is!) That's probably the place to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back