Computer Sound Help
Jul 2, 2015 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sexpot

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm looking for advice on a new computer build. I currently pair my AKG Q701's and Logitech 2.1 speakers with a Sound Blaster Z. I have both speakers and headphones connected at the same time via the sound card and toggle between the two devices within the Sound Blaster Z software. I like this feature because it avoids having to plug in and remove the different devices every time I game or want to switch back to speakers. I've noticed overtime, my constant pull and plug between previous speakers and headsets cause the ports to wear out within a year.

My new computer, will be an mitx system. The system board will be the Asus Maximus Impact z97 and the Case will be the Caselab S3. There's no front panel sound ports so everything will need to run off the system board's onboard sound. Unfortunately, with an mitx system, I cannot fit the Sound Blaster Z as there's only one pcie slot. Also, with the Caselabs S3, there's no front panel audio port.

What options, if any, do I have with an external device that will connect to my onboard sound that can switch between my AKG's or speakers without having to pull and plug each device in every time?

Thanks

Jul 2, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 2
  I'm looking for advice on a new computer build. I currently pair my AKG Q701's and Logitech 2.1 speakers with a Sound Blaster Z. I have both speakers and headphones connected at the same time via the sound card and toggle between the two devices within the Sound Blaster Z software. I like this feature because it avoids having to plug in and remove the different devices every time I game or want to switch back to speakers. I've noticed overtime, my constant pull and plug between previous speakers and headsets cause the ports to wear out within a year.
My new computer, will be an mitx system. The system board will be the Asus Maximus Impact z97 and the Case will be the Caselab S3. There's no front panel sound ports so everything will need to run off the system board's on-board sound. Unfortunately, with an mitx system, I cannot fit the Sound Blaster Z as there's only one pci-e slot. Also, with the Caselabs S3, there's no front panel audio port.
What options, if any, do I have with an external device that will connect to my on-board sound that can switch between my AKG's or speakers without having to pull and plug each device in every time?

FiiO E10K ($76), USB-DAC-amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back