computer/laptop amp for Denon AH-D2000
Nov 4, 2012 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ridfighter

Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I am looking for a portable headphone amp to power my denon d2k, I have a Fiio E11 AMP right now to listen to  from my iphone and now i am looking to buy something to listen from my laptop, i will like to keep the price around $70 and lower, Thanks

btw i love Bass!!!

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #5 of 8
Correct me if I'm wrong on this but just FYI, I think the E10 can't be used as a portable amp, or at least from an iphone.  You could just use the E11 for portable use and have a E10+E11 setup at home, or go directly for the E17, which has a better dac than the E10 and is actually compatible with an iphone.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong on this but just FYI, I think the E10 can't be used as a portable amp, or at least from an iphone. 

It'll work with an iPhone with a camera connection kit (at least it does with an iPad). But if that's your route, I would just go with the E17. The extra 70 USD is worth it for more portability, iPhone compatibility, and better SQ. Keep in mind, for the best sound out of your iPhone with the E17, you'll need one of Fiio's LODs (Line-out docks). Thankfully, they're pretty cheap.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #8 of 8
Not sure why posters aren't reading the original post.

ridfighter has an E11 for portable iphone use (which is definitely good enough for the Denon D2000's).
now, s/he is looking for a portable amp to use with a laptop - which the E10 is perfect for.

ridfighter, for $70 the E10 is a great value for your needs (half the price of the E17 too). read reviews on both (or better yet, buy both from a place with a good return policy, and return the one you don't like) and see which you enjoy more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back