Computer/Ipod Speakers
Jun 29, 2005 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

okdivad78

New Head-Fier
Hey, i read all the threads and can't find really anything helpful on this,

i have about a <$200 budget and would like to know which are the best speakers for my comp that i can jus switch over to an ipod if i wanted to.

I hear people say stuff about KPS 200m, or Swans M200 (but i dont think they connect to the ipod jack), or Klipsch..., but there is still mixed emotions on a lot of that.

and fyi i listen to everykind of music.

can anyone help, thanks in advance.

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by okdivad78
i have about a <$200 budget and would like to know which are the best speakers for my comp that i can jus switch over to an ipod if i wanted to.

Oh, we just recently had a thead on this
wink.gif

If the US (I assume) price of the HK Soundsticks II would be anywhere near the German one I'd say have a look, but you can get them for around $110 as I see. They're more around $190 here.
Everything that comes with a 3,5mm / 1/8" plug or port should be sufficient. IIWY I'd check out different models locally to hear & see what you like.

Jun 29, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 7
Possibly look into gettin Real speakers? I have a pair of Wharfedale Crystal 20s that cost me only $100. Then I hooked it up to a Sony receiver (you can grab an old receiver for cheap anywhere) and I use my headphone amp as a preamp, and have the soundcard going to the amp. You can always skip the preamp and have the card's line out goto the receiver in. BAM home theater quality sound on the cheap from the comp!

Jun 29, 2005 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 7
Please DO NOT get soundsticks unless you like spending cash on an absurdly sounding speaker. All looks and no substance.

You will get a much better bang for the buck with the klipsch promedias, the logitech z3 or z2300, or in the higher end altecs.

Jun 30, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 7
yeah i've heard bad reviews on the soundsticks,
but for the Klipsh, i've heard they were a bit bright.

i was looking into the Altec Lansing 621 but i also heard that they had a dull, neutral sound to it.

also the Acoustic Energy Aego 2, but they are only sold in the UK and some mixed reviews.

what do u guys think?

Jul 1, 2005 at 9:51 AM Post #6 of 7
the swans m200 gets excellent review. i was tempted to try it. all you have to do to connect it to the ipod is get a mini-rca cable, since the speakers use rca inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back