Computer headphones. Preferably no amp
May 20, 2004 at 5:34 AM Post #16 of 27
Funny after reading all this I think i already knew what headphones i wanted but just needed some reassuring.

I think im going to go w/ the sony V6

urinsane mind informing me where you bought yours at?

EDIT ahhh actually since i just reread ur post i noticed these were your first real cans. I dont think thats enought to REALLY sell me on these headphones.

May 20, 2004 at 2:32 PM Post #17 of 27
Sony V6 is a great headphone for the money, but I think the A500 should be a bit better, but either will be a great match for your applications.

May 20, 2004 at 3:32 PM Post #18 of 27
well if a500's are over your budget, i'd suggest you stick with the 150's then. i like my a900's, but they're 200 dollars+shipping. I think u need cans with a huge soundstage..something like the a500/a900's sony cd3000's. a500's are going to be the cheapest out of the 3. I am more than content with my a900's. If ur willing to upgrade, i'd suggest the a500's. If not, keep ur 150's.

a500's are almost like the a900's. search for the difference between them. i'm at school at i dont have time to explain it.

P.S. there isnt a super big improvent in 3D positioning between headphones. there can only be so much. I like the new 3D positioning with the a900s and i came from audio 90's. oh yeah, more expensive headphones wont make u better at cs
wink.gif

May 20, 2004 at 3:56 PM Post #21 of 27
I have the v6 as well, it's awesome for portable listening and general gaming, but because they're closed I found it a b*tch to hear anyone at a LAN with them on. If you're going to lan alot you might encounter some problems with communication. They have great sound positioning though, I'll give it that.

May 20, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxs1030
Who uses ingame at a lan?
tongue.gif
Just shout across the table.

No doubt. I hear a lot of guys saying how a certain closed headphone is great because it blocks out the LAN noises. The heck with that...I want to hear what's going on....communication with team mates, trash talk, and the groans of frustration from the guy you just sniped
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
No doubt. I hear a lot of guys saying how a certain closed headphone is great because it blocks out the LAN noises. The heck with that...I want to hear what's going on....communication with team mates, trash talk, and the groans of frustration from the guy you just sniped
biggrin.gif

Believe me, at a LAN with me, you need closed 'phones or nerves of steel. Vantec Tornado, no further explanation needed. I'd recommend the A500 as a computer-friendly headphone, I game just as much with sound as without (mainly used in raven shield, etc.), so I can't really tell you about their performance as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back