Comprehensive Progress! FiiO Portable Desktop-Class Player M17 Is Officially Released!
Nov 23, 2021 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
5161826.jpg

The smart desktop-class M17 is an entirely new chapter of FiiO digital audio players. Its desktop-grade DAC, amplification, power supply, etc. give it the output power and sound quality to rival and perhaps even surpass highly-regarded desktop systems – but in a portable package.
5161827.gif

The left and right audio channels each contain a desktop-class, 8-channel ES9038PRO flagship DAC. This means that each audio channel has 8 parallel outputs summed together for superior resolution and minimal distortion for extremely pure audio reproduction.
5161829.png

The desktop-class THX 788+ headphone amp has an output power of up to 3000mW per channel with a lower output impedance – allowing it to more effortlessly power all kinds of headphones.
5161830.gif

Desktop-grade power supply and gain: the M17 contains two power supplies – a battery power supply and a power supply powered by external DC power. Under battery power, there are 4 gain levels: low, medium, high, and headphone mode. When under DC mode, the enhanced over-ear headphone mode gain is unlocked which can go as high as 16dB in balanced output.
5161856.jpg

Desktop-caliber internals: high-end TI OPA2211 op-amp, supercapacitor, ultra-low noise LT3045 LDO, NDK femtosecond crystal oscillator, etc.
5161831.png

Desktop-level connectivity: not only supports commonly used 2.5mm/3.5mm/4.4mm headphone outputs, but also adds 6.35mm output, RCA coaxial port, USB3.0 and USB2.0 ports.
5161832.png

With desktop-grade configurations, the M17 will be your great partner on the road of music.

Keep features of the FiiO M17 include:
--Dual ES9038PRO
--Dual THX AAA-788+
--Dual power supplies
--2 volume control modes
--Qualcomm QCC5124
--XMOS XUF208
--Supercapacitor
--5.99-inch incell display
--5 audio output interfaces
--Dual USB Type-C connectors
--9200mAh battery
--RGB ambient light

*To find out more about the M17, please visit the product page on https://www.fiio.com/m17
*The M17 is available on our AliExpress Official Store. Click the link below to take it home right away.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003562284106.html

Best regards,
Guangzhou FiiO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 24, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 75
Looks impressive.

Nov 24, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 75
9,200 mAh!?! O_O
This could be the only new DAP that's "direct" competition to iBasso's DX300 MAX. Both are portable desktop-grade DAPs, but they have their differences.

Btw, iBasso's DX300 MAX has a total of 9800 mAh (6200 mAh for the digital section, 900 mAh for the analog section)

I must say, Fiio's M17 looks pretty neat. It has a bit of that Astell & Kern aesthetic :wink: I like it!

I'm eager to hear how people rate its sound performance

Nov 24, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #7 of 75
This could be the only new DAP that's "direct" competition to iBasso's DX300 MAX. Both are portable desktop-grade DAPs, but they have their differences.

Btw, iBasso's DX300 MAX has a total of 9800 mAh (6200 mAh for the digital section, 900 mAh for the analog section)

I must say, Fiio's M17 looks pretty neat. It has a bit of that Astell & Kern aesthetic :wink: I like it!

You forgot the DMP-Z1

About sound performance, it uses THX AAA Amps, it will sounds exactly like that

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #8 of 75

Don’t forget that the Ibasso Max runs on higher voltage battery. Utilizing a separate battery for digital and analog section will reduce background noise. Of course, the THX amp is said to be super low noise to begin with.

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #10 of 75
I dont like THX implementation, cold, precise boring sound. Plenty of power but music without musicality, as per reviews M15 has more dense sound, wetness, weight so I am keeping it. Had the idea of switching to M17 but thats a step I won't do🙄

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #11 of 75
Don’t forget that the Ibasso Max runs on higher voltage battery. Utilizing a separate battery for digital and analog section will reduce background noise. Of course, the THX amp is said to be super low noise to begin with.
People have split opinions about this. I cannot comment since I haven't had the chance to do an A/B test.

I'm sure @Whitigir would argue against this

You forgot the DMP-Z1
Hey! I didn't. I just think that a $8500 DAP is in a whole different price league from the DX300 MAX.

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #12 of 75
Well this thing has pretty much everything packed into one place. Let the reviews flow in, would love to hear how this performs. Though, with THX AAA amps, I think the sound signature will mostly be fairly neutral, hopefully they added some life to it.

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #13 of 75
People have split opinions about this. I cannot comment since I haven't had the chance to do an A/B test.

I'm sure @Whitigir would argue against this

Hey! I didn't. I just think that a $8500 DAP is in a whole different price league from the DX300 MAX.
Well it does have an THX certification, that means it better sounds like a typical THX device because that is what it got its certification for and why you're buying it in the end, or?

THX says there is no difference in sound from AAA-78 to AAA-788 except the output power.

It's the exact same amp but for Desktop devices. I highly doubt that the ESS will sound much different to the AKG (if at all), so I personally expect the exact same sound.

Isn't that why you'd buy this device in the first place?

The K9 Pro sounds like the M11 Plus LTD too and it uses the same Amp as the M17

I'd be surprised if it sounds much different, but let's see.

Nov 24, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #15 of 75
It looks like an Astell Kern Kann Alpha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back