Comply vs Spiral Dot vs SpinFit
Mar 22, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #46 of 141
I'm still trying to find the best tips for my ears. I found the Complys (both comfort and regular) make my ears ache pretty quickly on my Angies. I'm using the small size. I've tried small and medium Spinfit tips - the medium seal well but my ears ache pretty quickly, the smalls only seal if they are positioned just right, and the slightest movement breaks the seal. I need to try the stock Angie silicon tips again tomorrow.

I currently have small Sony tips from my kids MDR750BT headphones, which work pretty well, but my ears begin to ache after an hour or so. How do the Sony Hybrids compare to the regular Sony silicon tips in terms of size, comfort, seal, sound? 

I'm not willing to pay $15 for a single pair of Spiral Dots from ebay, so will have to pass on those.

I've tried the Westone Startips - but I find that they are too narrow to properly expose the Angie bores.

What else should I try?

I have a similar problem to yours.

My solution was take a spare Comply T500 I had lying around, split in half and remove the plastic core. Then place the foam ring inside the Spinfits. The seal has improved for me with the foam beneath the silicone surface resulting in more isolation and proper sound.

I am still going to order some Spiral Dots to try because I believe one of my ears requires 12mm diameter and the other needs 13mm. Will also try the foam with the Spiral Dots as well.

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #47 of 141
I have tried spiral dots and spinfits on my iBasso it03, spin fits seem to isolate really poorly for me (yes, I have tried other sizes of tips and I have inserted them correctly onto my IEM), to give an example when no music is playing I can hear the sound of my shoe scraping against the floor, for spiral dots they isolate better for me. I also found that the spinfits enhanced the treble a little too much for me, so I will be sticking to my spiral dots. Just my 2 cents worth.

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #48 of 141
Anyone tried to compare the spinfits and spirals to sony hybrids and sony noise isolating hybrid (with foams inside) tips? Based on my experience, sony noise isolating hybrid tips with modded foam has the best fit that gives me noise isolation without sacrificing noise isolation. What I did is cut a small portion of the foam inside to make them a little softer. The un-modded hybrid tips are hard as hell. The most comfortable and exact fit on my ears though are the yellow colored hybrid tips. Unfortunately, the yellow ones doesn't come with a foamed option. The only foamed hybriid tips are the S, M, and L sizes (orange, green, blue).

I haven't tried spinfits and spirals. So I'm very interested to know the difference. And does anyone know if the tips that comes from vsonic iems such as gr02 BE and gr07 the same as the sony hybrids tips? Also, trinity audio has a product called kombi tips which I think is similar to sony noise isolating hybrid tips (with foam inside). I'm not exactly sure though. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #49 of 141
Subbed for later reading :)

A good read.

I may have poster something on my blog about tips, but it escapes my memory.

For me JVC Spiral tips are my general choice.

Spinfits seem to thin out the sound for me.

Comply whilst beefing up the low end, cut of the highs. Also taking them in and out properly takes time. Also the lifetime of them is short.

Ortofon are very comfortable, i hope they make a large bore.

Plus all the others i have sitting around, and those that come with earphones.....

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #52 of 141
  I can measure the bore size for you, give me a second.

The Andromeda's nozzle diameter is about 5mm and it fits well. If it's under or same, you should be good.

Thank you.  That was a relief since I blindly ordered a set from Japan.

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #57 of 141
b3726a2a6133b385553632f873b2997b.jpg

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #59 of 141
Is anyone aware of any vendor that will sell a multi pack of Spiral Dot sizes vs the regular 3 pack sets--or cheap single pair options?  I am currently looking for tips for LZ-A4s as well as 64 Audio U4 SE.

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #60 of 141
Is anyone aware of any vendor that will sell a multi pack of sizes in the spinfit or spiral dots vs buying multip 3 packs on Ebay/Amazon.  I am currently looking for some tips for a pair of LZ A4s to be used in the non-over the ear configuration.

I believe I saw on eBay sellers of spinfit selling single pairs of tips, you could order 1 of each size you wanted. I remember seeing them in the individual item description as stating you are purchasing a single pair cut from the original 2 pack or 3 pack however it comes originally from the manufacturer. Other than that I have not seen mixed sets. As far as Spirals, not so sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back