Comply tips vs. Monster SuperTips (IEM Tips)
Nov 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

nharrietha

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anybody has used either Comply (I'm sure 99% of you have) or Monster SuperTips or better yet, both. I've used foam Comply's and I was just wondering if the SuperTips would offer better sound quality and seal. 

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 13
The Monster foam supertips last much longer since they're coated in some sort of vinyl/rubber. I've had the same pair of foam supertips on my TF10 for about a year and they don't show much wear. Complys were good for 2-3 months a pair.

However, Comply tips will give you a better seal if you have fit issues with the relatively short and squat supertips.

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:
The Monster foam supertips last much longer since they're coated in some sort of vinyl/rubber. I've had the same pair of foam supertips on my TF10 for about a year and they don't show much wear. Complys were good for 2-3 months a pair.

However, Comply tips will give you a better seal if you have fit issues with the relatively short and squat supertips.

Assuming I get a similar seal with both, how do they stack up when it comes to sound? I don't really mind spending the extra money if I'm getting the better sounding of the two.

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #9 of 13
i haven't tried the comply but the monster are rubbish, cant get a good fit and they dont isolate at all

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
i haven't tried the comply but the monster are rubbish, cant get a good fit and they dont isolate at all

Gotta say, I kinda expected they wouldn't be worth the price being Monster. But I didn't want to make the wrong decision based on a poor assumption. Thanks.

Quote:
For me the monster ones will not stay in at all. Comply work so much better for me but do not last long.

What happens to them? Do they get dirty or break or lose the seal or something?

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #11 of 13
are comply tips any good, comparing to free tips that came stock with high end IEM? why is it necessary to purchase another set of tips, when you can use the ones came with the IEM?

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #12 of 13
The gel Supertips are my favorites with my TF10s. They have the best sound and fit I've found yet. Comfortable, quick & good seal - and as mentioned above very durable. The Comply muffled the sound, whereas the ST seem transparent. The stiffer foam ST version never sealed well for me.

If you try the ST wipe/wash them off well first as they are rather slippery out of the package. It's as if the manufacturing process uses a release coating in the molds that remains on the tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back