Comply tips - how long to they last?
Nov 15, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #16 of 27
have fun
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by huimun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good pair of tips are just like great running shoes! there isnt any good runner who can run bare footed or with a pair of lousy sneakers(unless they're like haile gebrselassie who's been running barefooted since young)
icon10.gif

or Abebe Bikila. person won the Rome Olympics marathon running barefoot.

Nov 17, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #21 of 27
I've used both the Olives and the Complys. Notice a slight bit of bass increase with the Olives, which to me was quite pleasurable. BUT--I'm listening to jazz and big symphonies so the bass isn't that pronounced. DOn't know how the increase would work for trance, hip-hop or similar genres

Nov 17, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #22 of 27
Shure olives are a good match to Etymotic earphones, which are generally considered to be bass-deficient and overly bright. The olives both gently tame the highs and give it a bit more low end.

Nov 18, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #23 of 27
Of course tips make a difference; are you crazy??. I also find the olives to muddy/bloat the bass on my SE530 so I use comply; I get 3-4 weeks out of each pair. but mate, rather than buying a huge bulk amount I would get the westone UM57 or sensephonics custom molded tips now they would really make a difference. There is better isolation on the olives by a smidgen, but its really negligible

Nov 18, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #24 of 27
I was thinking about the customs molds and I determined it really matters on how my livewires turns out. If they are so good that I only will use the tf10's as a backup pair which will only be picked up once in a while then it will be a no. But if they turn out fairly = to each other I may invest to get some custom's to make em more comfortable. But I am scared at how far they really stick out
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #25 of 27
My Olives last me months as I clean them gently periodically. So are the complys likes the Olives in that they are a more sealed foam than say the original foams that Shure used to supply? The ones that seemed to absorb and discolour with wax ?

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #26 of 27
How do you insert Complys? I read they are heat activated so do you just stick them in your ears or do you still roll them smaller like i do with the olives before inserting? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back