Comply Review.
May 11, 2011 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

andrew06

100+ Head-Fier
This review would be my first review here. As the title says, this will review the comply tips I got as a commercial sample from a member and I believe, a staff from the Comply Company. 

Please do not correct my language, for I am not a good English speaker/writer. 

All the observations that would be included in this review are all by-my-ears only and may not apply to others.

The Unboxing. 

I received a certificate from the post office which tells me to claim the parcel in the office. The date the parcel sent was April 1 and I got it yesterday May 10. 

The packaging looks cool and instructions how to open it is shown. 

Use Scissors. 

The tips i received are for my Klipsch Image S4. Below is the comparison of the Large tips from klipsch and all the tips from comply T100. 

Front View.

Side View.

Comfort. 

The tips that came from klipsch are already comfortable, but the comply makes it more comfortable. I find it easier to make a seal using Comply tips than that of the tips that came together with the IEM. I am using now the largest tip that comply provided. With this, it can go a lot more deep, which provides good isolation

Sound.

Klipsch S4 for me have this V like sound signature. Where Mids are less than the highs. Using Comply tips. The SQ completely change. Maybe, this is because, the foam goes a lot more deep than that of the tips that the klipsch came with. Bass drops slightly, Mids is more detailed, and the Highs are tamed. The sound signature completely change from V to more like a flat (but not completely flat) with a slight cut of 1 or maybe 2 db on the bass section, which for me is a good thing. Bass becomes more deep and mid low bass are not that boomy like before. 

Final Thoughts. 

The Klipsch Image S4 definitely improved using this tips. I got it for free. If you ask me if i will buy it for my klipsch? I may or may not. 
Say, if i have $20 on my wallet, yeah I will buy it. If i have like $60 with me, I'd rather save them and keep more money for a new pair of IEM. 

May 11, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 2
Nice review.  You should post impressions later on about how long they lasted for you, too!  Some people have them last for weeks, some for months.  The best way to keep them for a long time is to keep your ears clean, clean the tips every so often (I think people just put them in warm water then let them dry?) and some have mentioned keeping your hands clean before you insert them helps too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back