Complete newb. Help?
May 24, 2011 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

csquar3d

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I am an utter noob when it comes to audio. But, I want to get into it because I loooovveee my music, and I love it loud. I have an appreciation for how it sounds too.

I want to get a decent pair of headphones. Around $150 (Australian). I currently own a pair of SteeleSeries Siberia v2s, I have no idea if they are a "good" headphone. They are a tad heavy and and can get REALLY uncomfortable. I love the sound quality, but I fell they are lacking in definition... If that's how i can describe it???

I'm guessing this is because they are a GAMING headset and deliver a more true sound, whereas a good headphone would create more of an "exciting" sound.

I have also owned a pair of Skullcandy SKULLCRUSHERS which I felt blew my ears off a little bit with their "super bass" and all. And went poor quality at loud volumes too.

I am currently looking at the SENNHEISER HD448, would these make a good gaming headset as well as music and movies?

I'm a huge metal head but I love stuff like dubstep, club, drum n bass, hardstyles and trance too. (If that even helps?)

Any suggestions? Tips? Etc?

May 24, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 6
It sounds like you're going to be an Ultrasone guy.  Research the DJ1, HFI-580 and HFI-780.

May 25, 2011 at 4:32 AM Post #5 of 6
Can you help me with what specs mean?

I understand that the driver size is the speaker size inside, but the frequencies etc? I have no clue.

I took a look at the ultrasone DJ1 and 580s They look super nice but i have no idea what im looking at regarding specifications :/

May 25, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Can you help me with what specs mean?

I understand that the driver size is the speaker size inside, but the frequencies etc? I have no clue.

I took a look at the ultrasone DJ1 and 580s They look super nice but i have no idea what im looking at regarding specifications :/

They're basically the same headphones with different designs. Specs don't tell much of a story; you're going to have to go to the store and audition them out yourself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back