complete hardshell *case* (not cover) for iPod?
Oct 9, 2007 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

gnychis

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm looking for a hardshell case for my ipod, not necessarily a cover. The difference I'm trying to convey is that I don't need to be able to use the ipod while the case is on. The case will serve as a protection when I toss it in my backpack. When I'm using it, a BSE is protecting it. Therefore, I don't need to be able to see the screen or operate the wheel or anything else period, while this case is on it. It has to open very easily and close very easily. Get what I'm trying to say?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!
George

Oct 9, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 12
the pelican looks great, maybe a slight overkill but you've got the idea of what I'm looking for.

if no one has any other suggestions, I will probably pick up one of these.

Oct 9, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 12
i've got a question about the pelican case... the compartment opposite of the ipod for headphones, does it seem like the ipod would strike the headphones or does the case hold the ipod back from the headphones? It would be nice to keep my e500s in the same case, but if the ipod might damage them i would not include them.

do you guys have pics of your pelican cases?

Oct 11, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #9 of 12
can any of you post a picture of your pelican? I have yet to find a picture on the internet of it that is not a "commercial" picture and one of like 2 pictures of it

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have one of these for my Mini - it's a great hardcase case, and very light.

http://www.stmbags.com.au/specialcases

i believe its only plastic protecting the ipod, not metal? Can you confirm this?

it turns out the scroller is not fully protected by the otterbox
frown.gif
So I'm ditching that. The pelican case is also too big.

So I'm still up for suggestions
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back