1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Comparrison Master and Dynamics MH30 vs V-Moda XS - comments?

1. Shaitan
    Hi all,

I am not sure how much in the same league these two headphones are (definitely not in the same price point), but I was wondering if you could tell me your view on a potential comparrison. I am in the market for a good on-ear headphones and came across M&D brand very recently. While they are not cheap at all, I really like the way they look online (unfortunatelly there is no shop I can see and test them for real) and I am really leaning towards treating myself with a pair.

I am looking at strictly on-ear portable headphones, which are easily driven by a mobile phone only, without the need of extra amplification. I comute couple hours a day, which includes, walking and public transport, so portability is very important. I listen to variety of music (spotify mostly) and also podcasts.

For home use, I mostly use a combination of DT770 (80ohm) paired with Cayin 5 amp and really love the combination and sound. So if there is something that will offer comparable sound (or better) will be great.

In light of this, I had considered the Thinksound On2, but I didn't like how they sit on a person's head, with big distance between the head and headband above the ears. I am looking for a pair, which will fit closely around the head, without space between my head and the headbands - my head is small anyhow :) Also, I looked at Beyerdynamic T51p, and KEF M500, which seems are in similar or close price range.

Can you please let me know your oppinions and recomendations for other pairs I may have missed on.

Thanks in advance.

2. Shaitan
    ...thought to bump up the thread, hope someone shares oppinion.

3. Zadok
    I don't know the M&D ones, but I have had my crossfade m80 which was the first version of the XS for 6 years now. I've taken them to 15 countries on planes, trains, boats, and buses. They isolate so well that I don't even hear people knocking on my door or yelling my name while listening. They are V shaped in their sound signature for sure, but having recessed mids does not mean the mids that are present are unclear; they just play at a lower relative volume to neutral. That and the fact that they are nearly indestructible makes them great for portable use.