Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Aug 6, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #4,321 of 4,373
Both are great choices. The Neo has a bit more bassy signature than the 99 Classics. The fit and comfort will be identical for both. The M2 is also a great choice. Comfortable gooey feeling earpads. Honestly, any of the three you mention are good.

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #4,325 of 4,373
Interesting read MH, I might have to have a listen to those new Beats to see how they have changed.

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #4,326 of 4,373
Interesting read MH, I might have to have a listen to those new Beats to see how they have changed.

Overall they're a great package and I'm thankful that Apple's engineers have got into them. Sound wise they are good, not great like the PM-1, P7s, etc...but they are no longer just blah.

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #4,327 of 4,373
Sony released their version II - now called Wh-1000x M2- good for us seen Sony, Bose and apple competing. Also looking at the new Beyer Aventho wireless with Aptx HD good times for wireless headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #4,328 of 4,373
I truly enjoy the Crossfade 2 wireless... They made some folks angry by not answering Codec questions, but they are for sure the most audiophile selection from V-Moda yet.

Oct 5, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #4,329 of 4,373
Thanks. I just found a review of the meze 99 neo @ headphone guru. And a dutch review of the classic. The reviewer found the classic a little tight? I'm worried about that. But these two are an option to.

Beoplay H6
Momentum 2
Meze Neo/ Classic

A shop nearby has the last 2, so I can try those.

Bumping my own post. I ended up with the meze Neo. I listened to them in my local shop, sounded great. And bought them. But now after a month of using them. I'm not to happy. The are just a little bit small on my ears, and just not fit all over them, and after a while they hurt on my ears.
I'm probably going to sell them.

So back the list. Still interested in the Beoplay H6. Do these have just a little bit more space than the Meze, so they can fit al over my ears?

Oct 7, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #4,332 of 4,373
Sony Wh-1000x M2
Sine DX
Sennheiser pc550x

with those 3 rankings should update (-:

Happy to do it...anyone want to loan me a few pairs? :)

The DX are open backed headphone and not ideal for "portable" use, so I will have to pass on them. The closed SINE are most excellent though!

Oct 27, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #4,333 of 4,373
Another interesting model for the list would be Phonon 4 000, might be worth including I guess. These are foldable on-ears.

May 10, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #4,334 of 4,373
What are your thoughts on H6 2nd Gen?

I tried them on at the store and honestly I felt blown away at the time. At a $300 price point I didn’t think it was a good idea but after the employee offered them for $250 I thought it was a deal I couldn’t pass up, so I pulled the trigger. Last black model they had in stock at the store too, lucky me!

I had bought the 770 Pro 32 ohm two months before. Really tried to like them but had trouble getting used to the sibilance, and the emphasis on the treble meant I had to listen at lower volumes to avoid hurting my ears. Anything in the upper registers sounded unnatural and digital to me. I’ve had the H6 for a week and I really love them! They do everything so well. Bass might not hit as hard as the 770 but still makes a statement and subbass is surprisingly strong for its size. The treble is awesome, extends but is relaxing, not bright at all, very smooth and rounded. THIS is the kind of treble I like. The mids are good, but they lack some body in low mids and the upper mids/lower treble are a bit forward, giving them a bit of a hollow sound, and lower vocals lack some meat. But it’s not major, and my ears seem to adjust to it after a while. Guitars sound awesome on this and mids are clean. They sound even and balanced and smooth, while the 770 was harsh and vocals didn’t have as much presence and too much treble emphasis for me. They also didn’t look as good on my head at the office and don’t work as a portable, something I value with the H6. Both are very detailed, but the H6 can expose treble detail without a large peak. Soundstage and imaging is slightly wider/better on the 770 but not by much. That, the bass and the overall bigger/more dynamic sound of the 770’s are my only positives of them OVER the H6’s, and the H6 still exceeds in these categories. Add to that much easier and balanced sound, better looks and portability, I prefer them greatly. Sorry for the long post but that’s my 2 cents :)

May 10, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #4,335 of 4,373
May I interject here that I have found the Fidelio M1 MKII to be simply stunning as a quality portable. Really love the sound signature, very dynamic and really no weak spot that I can note. I think in terms of bang for the buck, the M1 MKII may be the best portable I have purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back