Comparison ipod classic rockboxed versus fiio x3
Nov 23, 2013 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

magicalmouse

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, i use classic ipods 5.5 and 6 both rockboxed with an external portable amplifier, i listen to 1920-70 jazz and blues mostly with some more modern material. Some of the earlier music is not well recorded.

My question is will the x3 sound better using 16/44 files than the ipods, there are no high-res files available for this music.

thanks

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi, i use classic ipods 5.5 and 6 both rockboxed with an external portable amplifier, i listen to 1920-70 jazz and blues mostly with some more modern material. Some of the earlier music is not well recorded.

My question is will the x3 sound better using 16/44 files than the ipods, there are no high-res files available for this music.

thanks
YES! Most definitely, I was a die hard fan of my imod/cf ipod video but after buying the fiio x3 I am surprised.

The quality is finer and the benefits of the x3 weren't as expected. It has a very black background, it's precise in a musical way not in a analytical way, and it has the wolfson feel to it, it is absolutely stunning listening to the deftones on it with some ue6000

I like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back