Comparison: Cowon Plenue D Vs Sony NW-A35
Jun 8, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #16 of 21
Honestly I do not know, I did not even test wireless headphones on the Sony A35. But I think it will have the same sound processing as wired headphones.

Hi,
I was about to purchase one to replace my phone which is plugged to my Amp/DAC SONY PHA-1Aeu (to much interference) and I am worried the "Sony effect" you mentioned could affect the digital output.
I hope the effect intervene only at the amp. stage... Any intel on this ?

Jun 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #17 of 21
Hi,
I was about to purchase one to replace my phone which is plugged to my Amp/DAC SONY PHA-1Aeu (to much interference) and I am worried the "Sony effect" you mentioned could affect the digital output.
I hope the effect intervene only at the amp. stage... Any intel on this ?

I have no information on this. But I believe through digital output there will not be that effect. I think this is due to the amplification of the Sony A35 itself.

Aug 12, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #18 of 21
Cowon Plenue D Vs Sony Walkman A35 - First Impressions
I managed to think as follows, Plenue D delivers the raw, real sound with more attack and more spatiality. While the A35 delivers a sound though slimmer, artificial, yummy to hear, not fatiguing.

Interesting--These are the exact same conclusions I came to when comparing the Sony NWZ-A15 with the Cowon Plenue D.

I just wish the Plenue D had a similar interface as Sony's.

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #20 of 21
I was deciding between the NW-A45 / NW-A-35 and the Plenue-D. I was hoping you were leaning towards the Sony! Anyways, I also saw the Pioneer XDP-30R and it's $200 right now. Any reason that would be in favor over both Sony and Cowon?

Nov 14, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #21 of 21
been looking for a replacement to my Sony NWZ-A15 and was really interested in the Cowon, but then realised they don't do Bluetooth. Such a shame the holy trinity of Battery Life, large memory/expandable, and bluetooth just doesn't seem to exist outside Sony. There always seems to be a compromise that I cannot live with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back