1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Comparison: Cowon Plenue D Vs Sony NW-A35

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vitor valeri, Jan 19, 2017.
First

Back
  1. flognarde
    Hi,
    I was about to purchase one to replace my phone which is plugged to my Amp/DAC SONY PHA-1Aeu (to much interference) and I am worried the "Sony effect" you mentioned could affect the digital output.
    I hope the effect intervene only at the amp. stage... Any intel on this ?

2. Vitor Valeri
    I have no information on this. But I believe through digital output there will not be that effect. I think this is due to the amplification of the Sony A35 itself.

3. NewEve
    Interesting--These are the exact same conclusions I came to when comparing the Sony NWZ-A15 with the Cowon Plenue D.

I just wish the Plenue D had a similar interface as Sony's.

4. DancingShaman
    I had the same dilemma, was looking for a second DAP in addition to my xdp300r. Decided to go with Cowon PD, battery life has been the decisive factor for me.

Vitor Valeri likes this.
  5. jamor
    I was deciding between the NW-A45 / NW-A-35 and the Plenue-D. I was hoping you were leaning towards the Sony! Anyways, I also saw the Pioneer XDP-30R and it's $200 right now. Any reason that would be in favor over both Sony and Cowon?

6. sparkyhx
    been looking for a replacement to my Sony NWZ-A15 and was really interested in the Cowon, but then realised they don't do Bluetooth. Such a shame the holy trinity of Battery Life, large memory/expandable, and bluetooth just doesn't seem to exist outside Sony. There always seems to be a compromise that I cannot live with.

First

Back