Comparison between W3 and SR60i
Sep 16, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 8
... You can't really compare IEMs to Full sized headphones. IEMs (generally) sound a bit tinier and more analytical, compared to Full Sized headphones of high fidelity whereas they sound a bit more airy and with wider soundstage. Most people prefer the Full size headphone which would be the SR60 in this case because of the warmer more fun sound. BUT let us not forget that IEMS are portable thus they sacrifice a little of the sound for portability in my honest opinion.

By the way W3s are superb...

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 8
I thought the SR60 sounded like a tin radio, and the W3 always sounded like it was EQ'd to heck.

While I'm being a Debbie Downer, Grados are not well-known for their soundstage; it's rather small and "closer" to your ears. It helps with the whole "in your face" feeling.

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 8
On most recordings, my 325i's have less soundstage than my Westone 3s. Was not expecting that.

There is something very "direct" about the Grado sound that makes up for it though.

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 8
Westone 3 is in a completely different league without a doubt - much higher up the ladder than the SR60. But fit issues may certainly prevent W3 form sounding great for many people, while SR60 will always sound at it's best for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back