Comparison between Real MTPG's vs Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper's (MTPC)
Sep 26, 2011 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

Totally Dubbed

aka 1337 Gamer
aka totallydubbed2
aka TotallydubbedHD
EDIT:
I reported them to Monster = They now have removed all their Monster products.

Before you state the obvious and say:
You bought it from eBay, I didn't

Here is where I bought it from
AMP3

For £189. Yes they were B-Grade, but that doesn't explain why:
-An extra set of comply tips (T-400's)
-BOTH the SUPER TIPS sets missing
-Clearly the earphones have been used for a long period of time (signs of wear and tear on box + cases + earphones)
-Missing over-the-ear strain relief holders
-Missing manuals

When Amp3 state that:
"This means that the product's packaging has been opened or the packaging is slightly damaged but the product is in full working condition. A B-GRADE unit is supplied fully boxed with all packaging and accessories. B-Grade products are supplied with the full manufacturers’ warranty as standard."

I Like Amp3, but no wonder why they aren't authorised dealers...
Someone probably returned them and replaced them with fakes.

SQ isn't good either - comparing with the Golds I bought from Amazon + my C710's

Feels like deja-vu. I bought some set of IE8's from Amazon, and the seal was broken, and now I receive some fake set of coppers - well done amp3...

And to be honest, if I had said I bought these from eBay, 100% of you would say they are fake. So pelase see the pictures, and see the videos, and let me know what you guys think.

EDIT:
Is it normal that the coppers have/are: (answer is no to most if no all of them):
-Shorter in length
-Have a wire that's HALF the diameter of the golds
-The coppers have a longer jack
-Driver unit is in and not "out"
-Grooves are not as deep
-Turbine is spelt without the "T" being shown properly
-The packaging has a yellow line around it ( at the back)
-Half the amount of tips etc...
-Missing over the ear strain relief
-Missing revolver 
-No cleaning cloth
-Missing manuals - especially the one about warranty (2 leaflets)
-Weigh almost 2x the amount vs the golds

All these thing scream to me fake, let alone their sound to be over bassy and not really precise - yeah I'm talking about the coppers = shocked much? Yeah that's exactly what I thought...

Unboxing the Golds:

Comparison of the Coppers & Golds (in terms of box content etc):

Please click on the pictures = you get "full" resolution :wink:

Sep 26, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #2 of 50
It's almost never worth it to buy Monster.

Sep 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #3 of 50
"Missing over-the-ear strain relief holders"

If the coppers where made 6 months+ ago they never came with ear relief holders.  He might of got a bad pair, don't mean that they are fake.

Running to the forums with they are fake when let's be honest you're not 100% what you have, but regardless just call up explain the situation, return them and get a refund.  No need to make a silly post about it.

Sep 26, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #4 of 50
 Wow that sucks man, amp are usually a good company ,
By the way the first run of golds/coppers did not come with the ear gides ,foam super tips or tip holder and the coppers do sound much worse out of the box that the golds and require a good burn in to sound there best and also require an amp even more than the golds.

Sep 26, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #5 of 50

Quote:
"Missing over-the-ear strain relief holders"

If the coppers where made 6 months+ ago they never came with ear relief holders.  He might of got a bad pair, don't mean that they are fake.

Running to the forums with they are fake when let's be honest you're not 100% what you have, but regardless just call up explain the situation, return them and get a refund.  No need to make a silly post about it.

I actually partially agree and disagree to what you said:
-Yeah probably I shouldn't have come "running to the forums"+ explained
-But then again, if you waited till now, when I'm going to post videos + pictures, it will give you an idea

I don't really blame amp3, but then again its their responsibility to check everything is there and isn't missing...

In terms of 6months old.
How can a B-Grade product be 6 months old?
Tell me if I'm wrong, but a B-Grade in my eyes is a product that might be damaged externally, but apart from that is practically brand-new.
And could have only be returned within 30days.

As In I can't just turn around to denon and say:
"Hey you know the earphones I've been using for 8months now, yeah I'm bored, take them in, and i want a refund"

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #8 of 50

Quote:
In terms of 6months old.
How can a B-Grade product be 6 months old?
Tell me if I'm wrong, but a B-Grade in my eyes is a product that might be damaged externally, but apart from that is practically brand-new.
And could have only be returned within 30days.

It's hard to know how long they were in inventory before sold, and then again, how long the B-grade inventory sat around after the return was accepted (e.g. how long amp had them on sale as b-grade before you bought them). 

And if, indeed, it's an older than 6 month product, packaging and driver unit (batch/production facility/spec) may well have changed. If these are fakes, they look like REALLY good ones. Better than I usually see. 

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #9 of 50

Quote:
It's hard to know how long they were in inventory before sold, and then again, how long the B-grade inventory sat around after the return was accepted (e.g. how long amp had them on sale as b-grade before you bought them). 

"Under the distance selling regulations you are entitled to return any products bought from Advanced MP3 Players within 7 working days after receipt of goods and receive a full refund or a different product. This law assumes that the goods have not been used and are in pristine condition."

Source:
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=22

"If a product is within 31 days of purchase and becomes faulty we can refund, repair or exchange the product. After 31 days and within the manufacturer's warranty (usually 1 year) we will replace the faulty product, or arrange for it to be repaired. In some cases manufacturer's deal directly with their own returns. Details of this can be found in the product warranty"

Same source.

In other words, if it was returned after 31 days, it would go straight to the manufacturer :wink:
Before that, let alone the 7 days they should not "have not been used and are in pristine condition"

I have emails stating I could try them, but should return them as they were sent to me.
Fine by me.
I'll send the fakes back no problem with no tips etc LOL

I'm glad I do unboxing videos.
Covers my ass in case anything is said about me or against me.
In other words, they could say i took them out, when in reality it was the person beforehand.

The power of pictures and videos is amazing :)

EDIT:
Check the flikr image by another user:
"This photo was taken on September 11, 2010 using aCanon PowerShot S3 IS."

that's over a year, not 6 months :wink:

Oh and they have no excuse to tell me they are US ones etc...The company is a UK firm and they get their stock, apparently according to their emails from Monster UK :p

I'm just happy I know about fakes etc.
They sound OK, but nothing like £220 earphones, even though i paid £185 for B-grade.

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #10 of 50
Yes, but that doesn't take into account how long AMP had them before they sold them to customer A, and then how long amp had them after accepting the return before selling them to you. They maybe were returned in 7 days, but then sat on an inventory shelf at AMP for 6 months before you bought them... who knows. 

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #11 of 50
Looks like you got fakes. My genuine Copper from Monster has that same size jack, though.

Edit - Of course, the real tell-tale sign is whether or not the grill on the nozzle is convex or concave and we don't have a good picture of that.

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #12 of 50

Quote:
Yes, but that doesn't take into account how long AMP had them before they sold them to customer A, and then how long amp had them after accepting the return before selling them to you. They maybe were returned in 7 days, but then sat on an inventory shelf at AMP for 6 months before you bought them... who knows. 

very good point, but that wouldn't explain why I didn't see them there 6months etc ago when I was looking for an "upgrade" :wink:

Although point taken, but still how do fakes look like then?

Every picture of fakes I see resemble the ones I have.
More so, look at the blue line around the earphones...(left earphones)

Sep 26, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #15 of 50

Quote:
The recessed filter screen is a dead giveaway those are fake. To bad bro. I would be P.O.

haha I'm not pissed at all :D
I'm quite happy/laughing about it.

I know I will get a full refund no matter what, and if I don't hahaha, don't get me started :wink:

I'm just glad I can add to the community.

Even though it isn't eBay, and it's AMP3 = which I greatly respect, I've spent over £300 over there in around 2 years.
CS is excellent, dispatch times etc.

I just feel that this is a little "slaking" on their part....
Not the first "big company" to do this mind you.

Had amazon sell me some pre-opened IE8's :wink:
Sennheiser told me:
"if the seal is broken then return it, we will never re-stock earphones with a broken seal"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back