[COMMING] TOPPING A90 FULL BALANCED HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER
May 22, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #32 of 55
If I get audio out of the 3.5mm of the Mojo to 2 X XLR into the A90, can I use the 4.4mm balanced output? Or is it SE in to SE out only for the SE Mojo? Most of my cans and IEMs are 4.4mm
You can use 3.5mm to XLR yes. But 3.5mm to RCA works too. It is:

SE in SE out
SE in BAL out
BAL in SE out
BAL in BAL out.

All good solid state amps should be like this :wink: but I guess not all are. Anyway it's not a problem!
No worries.

May 23, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #33 of 55
I've been waiting for the Topping A90 and the new Topping D90 MQA model. It's not inexpensive, but certainly not mind-bogglingly so as many high end solutions. I'm hoping they both ship this coming week, or next. :)

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #34 of 55
Could one be looking at a vast improvement in sound quality or just about 5% to 10%, if one were to use just the DAC output of RME ADI-2 Pro to send the signal into the amp section of Topping A90, considering how good the ADI-2 already seems to be?

May 23, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #35 of 55
Could one be looking at a vast improvement in sound quality or just about 5% to 10%, if one were to use just the DAC output of RME ADI-2 Pro to send the signal into the amp section of Topping A90, considering how good the ADI-2 already seems to be?
ADI-2 already has a super low noise output. But A90 still better. Hard to say if audible: 5% better

May 23, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #36 of 55
It was a tough choice Between the D90 MQA upgraded and the newer RME ADI-2 variants. I'll probably swap in headphone amp(s) and a DAC or three over time, but one must be patient - time keeps everything from happening all at once - and I've only got 2 ears at a time too.

Everything that sounds different isn't necessarily an upgrade or better in a finite sense. And, each meal and day brings another chemical reactionary mix internally that changes how I hear externally. Too much of a good thing has the making for monotony, it's nice to have regular variety to keep it fresh.

The RME is pretty nice though, I'm half German and all Engineer, so it will draw me in eventually.- they seem to keep innovating over time, so upon the release of a new DAC generation seems like a good time to jump.
ADI-2 already has a super low noise output. But A90 still better. Hard to say if audible: 5% better
At some point the sum of the parts comes together into an emotional reaction - tingles down my spine, or raised hairs on my arm. I'm hoping to hear an emotional reactionary difference between the combination Topping A90 / D90 as compared to the FiiO M15. It's a bit of a competition - and maybe an assurance for selling the M15.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #37 of 55
If you want to use it with IEM, the A90 could a big jump or with difficult to drive headphones.

But for easy dynamic headphone drivers you may not find a different.

May 24, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #41 of 55
First review out on youtube...

It seems much better than THX with more clean power for hungry headphones.
The beautiful thing it is the quietest amp for IEM.

May 25, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #44 of 55
I've been waiting for the Topping A90 and the new Topping D90 MQA model. It's not inexpensive, but certainly not mind-bogglingly so as many high end solutions. I'm hoping they both ship this coming week, or next. :)
Shipping might be as early as "tomorrow", which is about now... 05:50am in China right now :)

Then 3-7 days - if all goes well - shipping... not long now. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back