Comments on the cheap RadioShack canals?
Mar 4, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 10
I'm guessing they suck, Radioshack stuff tends to but I have not tried them.

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #3 of 10
The first one, I bought for $10.

They actually had better sound than anticipated but broke in 3 days.

The second one, it looks like the Skull Candy IEM. Those things are quite nice, expecially if you're a basshead. (I'm not) If they sound anything like the SkullCandy, they'll be quite cool... but the SC model is cheaper.

Mar 4, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 10
or generally anything from radioshack their prices are almost always too high and their products are terrible. Before I into hifi I bought a 20 pair of 'phones from them and they broke after like a week.(The funny thing is that before they broke I recommended them to a friend and they bought a pair. long story short their pair just quit working one day.)Those IEM's are almost definitely not audiophile quality. I haven't tried them of course, so I could be wrong but It's not too likely.

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 10
That first one lists frequency response as 100-18kHz. Does that seem right for an IEM? I'm more familiar with full size speakers and subwoofer systems and only going down to 100Hz is missing half the fun of the sound...
rolleyes.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
That first one lists frequency response as 100-18kHz. Does that seem right for an IEM? I'm more familiar with full size speakers and subwoofer systems and only going down to 100Hz is missing half the fun of the sound...
rolleyes.gif

I give them credit for honesty.
smily_headphones1.gif

Most cheap buds are probably something like that, but will claim an inaccurate 20-20,000 response anyway.

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
I give them credit for honesty.
smily_headphones1.gif

Most cheap buds are probably something like that, but will claim an inaccurate 20-20,000 response anyway.

Oh! but they are 20 - 20,000 at +/-100dB
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #10 of 10
I remember an old post before re an RS headamp. It was based on a Boostaroo but, RS had the parts changed to meet a pricing minimum. Now that is quality for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back