Coming your way this spring... a Finnish meet!
Mar 25, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #31 of 70
Yes it would be good to make some list of the equipment people are bringing. If you could make it in the first post luukas?

What I can bring:

RP5.1
650 + G52
RS-2
SA5000

I don't know should I bring my computer also when it works as my source. I have a laptop too but with crappy soundcard and no digital output. I have my demo CD's also but having your own source is always the best option.

Mar 25, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #32 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
Someone should notice halcyon about this. He has lots of stuff I want to audition.
smily_headphones1.gif

I sent him a PM some days ago after I noticed he had posted here after a lenghty hiatus. No response so far.
frown.gif

I'll try to organize an equipment list tonight. I'm more concerned that there will be a lack of extension cords rather than space...
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #35 of 70
Luukas, (and KJ and Halcyon if they ever notice this thread) knows what I can bring.
smily_headphones1.gif

My ye old trusty nad c542 (the more sources the better)
Corda HA-2 mk1
Meier IC's
RSA Hornet
Hd650's + bluedragon v2 cable
HF-1's w/ flats (I can bring the bowls too if needed)
RnBaudio sky blue mini
5g ipod if we need another portable source
AKG 240s
AKG k81dj
px100
ath-fc7, es5
dt990 old skool

And if we have a spare plug and a router to plug into, I could liveblog it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #36 of 70
I'm starting to see that same ole problem of source shortage.
frown.gif

I have an ibook, no optical to plug a dac into yet.

There's also no way to plug a dac into a C542. Ask Luukas about how that went.
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #37 of 70
Could we decide the time and address of the place would be nice also. Saturday is very close already.

I'm going for a cruise on thursday and it arrives on saturday morning so I can make it about 11-12 I think.

Mar 28, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #38 of 70
It seems at the moment that I will be able to attend. I too would appreciate the address and maybe some driving tips, as I'm coming with a car and have very limited experience on driving inside Kehä III
biggrin.gif

If needed, I can bring several cheapie/oldie cd-decks (Onkyo DX-702, NAD 5330, Philips 713 & 720).

Mar 28, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #39 of 70
Ah, well, let's say 12:00 at the earliest then. The actual duration of the meet will propably be... random. But as long as I can go to the sauna at 20:00, it's all good.
biggrin.gif

Oh and plainsong, I checked the C542's manual, which claims the outputs are - in fact - your average S/PDIF ones. Perhaps the output has to be toggled somehow.

As for the address and other relevant info, I prefer to PM them. Think I'll do that right now.

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #40 of 70
If you could bring some extra cd-players McRat, it'd be great.
I've got a fully modded Zhaolu DAC, so the quality of the transport isn't that relevant. I just can't really bring my desktop PC to feed the DAC.

Has anyone contacted Halcyon yet?

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #41 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy
Has anyone contacted Halcyon yet?

I have but he hasn't answered me yet. I think he won't be coming.
frown.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #43 of 70
Quote:

If you could bring some extra cd-players McRat, it'd be great.
I've got a fully modded Zhaolu DAC, so the quality of the transport isn't that relevant. I just can't really bring my desktop PC to feed the DAC.

Well, as absurd it may sound, only 1 of my 4 cdp's has a digital output, an optical one on the Onkyo. I do have a Sony DVP-NS405 DVD-player with an optical output which I can also bring.

I guess there's not much point dragging in the rest of the cdp's, unless someone wants to try a really old NAD. I think this is the second oldest model in their lineup.

Mar 31, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #44 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by McRat
Well, as absurd it may sound, only 1 of my 4 cdp's has a digital output, an optical one on the Onkyo. I do have a Sony DVP-NS405 DVD-player with an optical output which I can also bring.

I guess there's not much point dragging in the rest of the cdp's, unless someone wants to try a really old NAD. I think this is the second oldest model in their lineup.

Is it a mini toslink or a standard one?

Mar 31, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #45 of 70
Quote:

Is it a mini toslink or a standard one?

I think it's the standard one. I'll have to check it when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back