comics
Jul 30, 2002 at 7:37 PM Post #31 of 35
Anyone else think the DC Vs. Marvel series was the dumbest thing ever?

anyway, yes i did check out Joe's run on Amazing Spidey. It was ok, but i didnt like it as much as Rising Stars. I dunno why i like that one so much, i think its because he writes those particular characters so well. The issue that comes to mind is the monologue issue of Patriot, where hes in his lair, talking with Matthew (who is in a comma). That particular issue was very well written. I also like the issue where the fire/torch guy dies (man i'm so bad with names
biggrin.gif
).

I KNOW ALL X-MEN DIE SOMETIME BUT PSYLOCKE IS SERIOUSLY NOT COMING BACK TO LIFE LIKE CYCLOPS! PSYLOCKE IS DEAD FOREVER!

Jul 30, 2002 at 7:52 PM Post #32 of 35
jlo
No X-Men is dead forever.
smily_headphones1.gif
Maybe she's dead until Claremont decides he's a novelist again. Or maybe she's dead until Joe Quesada goes back to drawing. But she's not dead forever.

Anyway, I agree Rising Stars is an exceptional series. There is something to be said for writing your own characters vs. trying to get into a character seomeone else created. I think that's a part of it. And it being a finite series that can have major events without worry of continuity reprocussions certainly helps.

Rising Stars gets compared a lot to Moore's ABC comics, but I've not yet checked those out. I dig Moore's writing a lot but the art in those books isn't very appealing to me so I didn't give them a chance.

I actually find myself reading mostly mainstream stuff these days. The talent of the industry has really clinged to mainstream books like life preservers in the last few years. It's actually been really cool to see so many alternative creators doing their takes on the big characters. If the industry ever gets back to its late 80s heyday, it'll be interesting to see what happens when all of these independent creators have big fan followings.

Jul 30, 2002 at 8:25 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

The issue that comes to mind is the monologue issue of Patriot, where hes in his lair, talking with Matthew(who is in a comma).

Is that a new superpower? putting people into punctuation marks?
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2002 at 8:29 PM Post #34 of 35
very well said kelly. ditto for me.

Back to dead x-men talk, i really dont think psylocke is coming back. Claremont pretty well replaced her with Whats her name (that computer girl, damn i really cant remember names right now
biggrin.gif
).

I think psylocke is going to end up just like Colossus. DEAD, VERY DEAD, NOT COMING BACK DEAD. its very sad...psylocke was one of the most interesting characters...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back