Comfortable, inexpensive all-round closed headphones for office use: a request with few alternatives.
Jan 31, 2013 at 8:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

liuk

New Head-Fier
[size=small] Hey guys, I am a normally-headed human being, with slightly bigger ears than usual and glasses.[/size]

[size=small] I currently own a pair of Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii, super-awesome but really uncomfortable. I travel very often for work and they are amazing in isolating aircraft sounds and noisy people, but sitting in the office (where music volume is anyway rather low and environment noise is as well) their advantages are not that appreciated.[/size]

[size=small] My other pair are some AKG k701s, but those are of course inadequate for office use as of their open design.[/size]

[size=small] I was therefore looking for something nice to keep in the office. All-round headphones, closed design, good for jazz, avant-gard rock and jazz, classical music, and some electronic here and there. I am not a bass-head anyway.[/size]

[size=small] I would avoid the M50s :wink:[/size]

[size=small] I so far ruled down my possibilities to the[/size]

[size=small]
  1. Sony MDR-V6
  2. Koss PRO DJ-100
  3. Shure Shr440
  4. edit: I have also at hand a pair of JVC harx700 I may get for about 20€ (~25US$)

[/size] [size=small] As you can see I do not really want to spend much money on that. The main feature I am looking for is comfort. Then sound quality, and eventually built quality and portability. These will run out of my mac at work.[/size]

[size=small] I am in Europe, if this makes any difference.[/size]

[size=small] What would you recommend? Feel free to suggest other alternatives as well![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back