Comfortable In-Ear
Apr 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

blueberryjudy

New Head-Fier
Hi All.

I had the Klipsch x10 and I was quite happy with it (comfort and sund), however the pair broke. I am looking for a new pair that I can wear straight down (e.g., no over-the-ear). Should I replace it with another Klipsch x10? However they are now $125 on Amazon and they were $85 when I bought them... kinda hesitant to purchase the same thing for $40 (50%) more...

Edit:  Are the VSonic GR07 comfortable wearing down?

Apr 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 4
You can make pretty much any earphone comfortable with the right tips.  I really enjoy the sound quality of the comply p series tips.  They isolate well and can be worn for hours.  I'll bet the Vsonics would be really comfortable with and sound great the comply tips.

Apr 20, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hi All.

I had the Klipsch x10 and I was quite happy with it (comfort and sund), however the pair broke. I am looking for a new pair that I can wear straight down (e.g., no over-the-ear). Should I replace it with another Klipsch x10? However they are now $125 on Amazon and they were $85 when I bought them... kinda hesitant to purchase the same thing for $40 (50%) more...

Edit:  Are the VSonic GR07 comfortable wearing down?

First off -  http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

There have been plenty of reports of these breaking for some, usually around the nozzle (snaps). Where exactly did yours break? If it fits the general trend, you might have to go on an unending cycle of repurchases, so would suggest you look at something new. 

Assuming you want something similar to the X10s - there could be two paths - one, you go for the even more bass-mid centric signature and look at something like the EPH100 - or, go for something similarly warm, but a bit more balanced, subdued, and delicate (again, relative) and look at the IE800s (TDKs, not the Senns!)

Also regarding the GR07 straight-down wearing - while the shells are square and for the most part orientation-agnostic (well at least for me), the cable exit is made to be meant to be worn over the ears. You could try but they'd fall out for me fairly fast unless I used some longer tips, which then bring upon a whole new set of problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back