Comfortable Headphones For Smartphones Around $200 +/-
Dec 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

beyerlad

New Head-Fier
Any suggestions for some comfortable headphones with low clamping force? The headphones will be used with a smartphone.

Supra-aural or circum-aural designs are not the priority. Comfort and low clamping force is top priority. Sound quality is secondary.

I have used the DT880 for some time now but read some comments on the comfort of the Sennheiser HD600 and HD650. Do these fit the bill without being driven by an amp, and are the Sennheisers a lot more comfortable than the Beyerdynamic? Any other options better than this?

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers~

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 3
I love the comfort of the AKG Q701. I have worn them for 4 hours straight with absolutely zero discomfort. They really are one of the most comfortable headphones I have ever tried. Around $240 on Amazon.

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I love the comfort of the AKG Q701. I have worn them for 4 hours straight with absolutely zero discomfort. They really are one of the most comfortable headphones I have ever tried. Around $240 on Amazon.

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. I will look at the AKG Q701 after this. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back