comfortable,excellent supra(On Ear)headphone recommendation
Mar 19, 2006 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mattg3

500+ Head-Fier
My goal on the forum has been to buy best of each type of phone.I already own the ksc75 for portability and dt990 for home that covers the ear.Dont like IEM type but would like an on the ear full headphone for home use that has different sound signature than dt990.Grateful for any recommendations. thanks Matt

Mar 19, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattg3
My goal on the forum has been to buy best of each type of phone.I already own the ksc75 for portability and dt990 for home that covers the ear.Dont like IEM type but would like an on the ear full headphone for home use that has different sound signature than dt990.Grateful for any recommendations. thanks Matt

If you like the KSC75's most people recommend an upgrade to SR60 or 80. They are more defined with a similar sound signature. Of course they are closed 'phones so it depends on whether you listen to them in public or not.

Mar 20, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 7
You could go with my personal favorite, the HD-25's. The HD-25-SP's are on my head right now. Also, there have been alot of posts about the K81DJ's lately. But again, you might want to give the SR60's another try. If they're really uncomfortable you could bend the headband.

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:00 AM Post #5 of 7
depending on how much you want to spend, the Alessandro MS-1's are a good upgrade on the SR60's. Comfort will be the same, but maybe you'll be able to deal with it better when you've got better sound :p You could also try some different pads and see if that helps (the MS-1's come with the same pads as the SR60's by default, ie comfies). What did you find uncomfortable about the SR60's?

Mar 20, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 7
I think it had more to do with the harshness of the treble that caused me to feel they were uncomfortable.I also read a very scary post here on grado bringing up the treble so it could ruin your ears.If ms1 is not as harsh as sr60 i might give it a try or hold out to see what grado steet phones will be like. thanks

Mar 20, 2006 at 3:28 PM Post #7 of 7
I would say that listening to your phones too loud would be more damaging to your ears than listening at a comfortable level with harsh treble.But maybe im wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back