Comfortable cans for big heads?
Jun 5, 2020 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Prism24

New Head-Fier
I've had a pair of Sennheiser 58x for a while now, and while they've loosened slightly, they still clamp pretty hard and get uncomfortable before long. If like to have a more comfortable closed-back pair for travel. Wireless is nice, but not necessary.

I've tried Sony WH-1000MX3s and Microsoft Surface Headphones 2, and these cause a lot of pressure on my head so I've returned them.

Any recommendations for closed back headphones that are comfortable for big, bald heads? The Panda looks great, but looks like it's lacking much padding on the headband.

Jun 5, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #2 of 9
I've had a pair of Sennheiser 58x for a while now, and while they've loosened slightly, they still clamp pretty hard and get uncomfortable before long. If like to have a more comfortable closed-back pair for travel. Wireless is nice, but not necessary.

I've tried Sony WH-1000MX3s and Microsoft Surface Headphones 2, and these cause a lot of pressure on my head so I've returned them.

Any recommendations for closed back headphones that are comfortable for big, bald heads? The Panda looks great, but looks like it's lacking much padding on the headband.
Th-00x ebony. You can find them on eBay. Note, these are mostly closed.

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 9
The Beyerdynamic DT770 is big, push and comfy. The wireless version - the Amiron - is much the same, I imagine.

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #4 of 9
Some Fostex. I had th610, now I have th900 and it looks like they were designed for for even bigger head that mine :)

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #5 of 9
Montblanc Mb01 are probably the most comfortable wireless headphone.

Too bad it does not get much attention for being a 1st gen product.

Jun 7, 2020 at 4:04 AM Post #6 of 9
Some Fostex. I had th610, now I have th900 and it looks like they were designed for for even bigger head that mine :)

I agree with this. I'm on the last click before the headband closes on my TR-X00 and my head is not small.

Jun 8, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #8 of 9

Using Meze 99 Noirs with hybrid pads initially intended for MDR7506s (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZXCFNMR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) - easily the most comfortable thing and won't break the bank.

Jun 9, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #9 of 9
Second the Beyers. As said, the 770 is the closed-back, but they are ridiculously comfortable. I have DT990 (semi-open, V-shape) and T1 and I'm pretty sure I'm at my endgame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back