Comfortable Budget IEMs?
Oct 27, 2009 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

backtoreality15

100+ Head-Fier
What IEMs should I buy if I'm aiming to spend no more than $120 and interested in long listening sessions (so comfort is a must). I listen to high quality, 320kbps or lossless, files and enjoy Trance, so solid bass is a must. I also enjoy clarity and balance found in vocal and acoustic songs. Something a little warmer would also be better, as I don't want to be fatigued.

Am I asking too much for this price range? The Sleek Audio SA6's look good from the review, but its a bit too expensive. I am a poor college student
frown.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #2 of 6
You pretty much just described the Klipsch sr4's... I kinda hated em at first but with burn-in they're actually damn nice. $80, extremely comfortable, really nice bass, decent clarity and warm sound sig...

Oct 27, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #3 of 6
I'll second the S4, just got a pair, well within your price range, dynamic driver, pretty warm sounding, decent highs and mids. They are not fatiguing, but do make sure to burn them in real well, around 100 hours to get the best sound out of them.

Oct 27, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #4 of 6
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #6 of 6
I just purchased a FiiO M11 from a fellow Head-fier. I currently am using Bose Sport corded IEMs as they are the only type that I can comfortably tolerate. Barrel IEMs always fall out. Cannot get a good fit. As I’m fairly unschooled regarding gear, I don’t know what this perfect feature on these is called, but this design is a must. Can anyone recommend decent IEMs under $150 that will be compatible with my DAP? I like separation & punchy midrange.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back