Comfort + fun sound + budget $400 =
Sep 23, 2008 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

outlandos

100+ Head-Fier
What would be the best earphone for me if I prefer comfort over everything and enjoy fun sound over more clear but boring SQ.

UM2 is very comfy, but I dont think the SQ appeals to me.

Klipsch Image looks like the SQ I am looking for, but with a lot of problems with the cable that scares me I dont wanna jump on it right away.

Anything else I am missing here?

Sep 23, 2008 at 1:34 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The triplefi10 should be on the top of your list when it comes to fun sounding high-end earphones.

Do you mean this one:

Ultimate Ears triple.fi 10 Pro Metallic Blue Earphones

Ive heard they are quite uncomfy to wear, is this true? The soundstage looks just what Im looking for though!!
dt880smile.png

Sep 23, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #5 of 17
try this, M-Audio IE40 , actually same company with UE. different is casing color, silver vs blue.

quite a steal at less than usd300 with shipping
L3000.gif

ebay

actually i'm aiming for that one but god make my ear hole small haha, ending up ordering UM2

Sep 23, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaoipower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt the triple.fi is a great choice if number one priority is comfort. Shure line would probably be better.

Thats my point!

But I got a good deal for the Klipsch Image X10.... $285 including shipping worth $30 and that at an authorized dealer with warranty and such!

Which is 195 Euro, a nice price for such earphones and the most comfortable earphones in the world I have read somewhere!

Deal or no deal? :p

Sep 23, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #8 of 17
Sounds like you have the same preferences and budget as me.. aaand you've come to the same decision as me the Klipsch X10's... and on top of that you seem to have found the same webshop as me, Im guessing Soundearphones.com?
smily_headphones1.gif

In a few days mine should be here (maybe tomorrow!) then I'll be glad to tell you all about them!

Sep 24, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThreadStarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like you have the same preferences and budget as me.. aaand you've come to the same decision as me the Klipsch X10's... and on top of that you seem to have found the same webshop as me, Im guessing Soundearphones.com?
smily_headphones1.gif

In a few days mine should be here (maybe tomorrow!) then I'll be glad to tell you all about them!

Yes, yes and yes!
beerchug.gif

Did you also got a great discount?

Ive just placed my order!!
beyersmile.png

Please let me know!

Sep 24, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, yes and yes!
beerchug.gif

Did you also got a great discount?

Ive just placed my order!!
beyersmile.png

Please let me know!

Theyre still not here >
frown.gif
I ordered them last tuesday. Landed in Denmark friday, been in customs ever since according to USPS Track and Trace. Make sure the order receipt they put on the box is visible and includes the discount or youll be paying too much sales tax / tariff or whatever Dutch customs will charge you.

God I hate international trade barriers!
triportsad.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThreadStarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Theyre still not here >
frown.gif
I ordered them last tuesday. Landed in Denmark friday, been in customs ever since according to USPS Track and Trace. Make sure the order receipt they put on the box is visible and includes the discount or youll be paying too much sales tax / tariff or whatever Dutch customs will charge you.

God I hate international trade barriers!
triportsad.gif

Which shipment method did u choice?

I paid $5 more for Express Mail, which is a lot faster than Priority Mail or whatever it's called.

Anyway, I emailed them about what price they put on it, and they didnt reply me.

I was also concered about the fact that they would trow on a $350 pricetag instead of the $285 I really paid for.

Anyway, the tax here is 19%, so it doesnt really make a big difference, 350 - 285 is 65 and 19% of $65 is $12.35 which is 8.50 Euro...

But I have already wrote them an email that if they wrote down $350 on the package that I want a refund for that $12.35.

But if they refuse then it wont be the end of the world, although it's their mistake so they should pay imo, even if the difference is only $12.35!

If you can still follow me haha!
dt880smile.png

Keep me updated sir!

Sep 28, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #13 of 17
i picked up some x10 from newegg for $180 about a month ago.

they are very small and sound great.

Sep 28, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #14 of 17
Mine arrived in DK on friday the 19th, spent monday till thursday in customs. Friday the 26th they were sent off to my local mail office where they arrived saturday the 27th. They wont deliver to my adress since I have to pay sales tax, so I have to show up at the mail office.
So customs basically cost me 7 days of delay + alot of money -.-

USA please join EU !
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope Dutch customs will be nicer on you. How much extra % will they charge you? DK takes $30 in tolling fee, then sales tax is 25%, ill be paying ($280+$25(shipping)+$30)*1,25=$418

Users who are viewing this thread

Back