Comedy with the most quotables.. What is yours?
Aug 8, 2010 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

kool bubba ice

Headphoneus Supremus
IMO Airplane takes the cake by a large margin.. I will never forget lines like.. Have you ever seen a grown make Naked? Every been to a Turkish prison..Give me something lite to read.. Phamplet of Jewish sports hereo's..lol I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue..

Aug 8, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 49
I guess The Big Lebowski for me.

The Dude abides.

Aug 8, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #9 of 49
I think Monty Python's Holy Grail has got to be up there in the top 5.

"It's really a matter of weight ratios" (About sparrows not being able to carry coconuts to England).

"Count to 3; three is the number to which you shall count..." (Holy hand grenade).

But airplane is definitely up there as well.

"The white zone is for loading and unloading only, no parking in the red zone." and "I speak jive." are two of my favorite lines.

Aug 9, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 49
Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels? I'm a Guy Ritchie fanboy, though.

Eddie: You could choke a dozen donkeys on that! And you're haggling over one hundred pound? What're you doing when you're not buying stereos Nick? Finance revolutions?
Nick the Greek: 100 pound is still 100 pound.
Tom: Not when the price is 200 pound it ain't! And certainly not when you've got Liberia's deficit in your skyrocket. Tighter than a duck's butt you are. Now, lemme feel the fibre of your fabric.
--
It comes with a gold-plated Rolls Royce, as long as you pay for it.
--
Handmade in Italy, hand-stolen in Stepney. It's as long as my arm. I wish it was as long as something else

The Director's Cut is miles better BTW.

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #12 of 49
i felt like i needed to be british to "get it."
don't get me wrong, i've generally liked all of Ritchie's movies.
but, sometimes had trouble even understanding what they were saying.  whether purposely (brad pitt) or not (sherlock holmes).

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #13 of 49
English isn't my native tongue, I don't understand much of what they say in this movie...it's a great exercise to improve my cockney understanding skills, but sadly I still suck at it. But the movie's brilliant, OMG.

Aug 9, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #14 of 49
Joe Dirt is a big one at work. The Big Lebowski is another one just in general. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back