combination nuforce icon+akg K 272HD
Sep 16, 2012 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

takeshibeat

New Head-Fier
my laptop is toshiba tecra s5-pts53e
i ve ordered from internet headphones akg k 272hd
(i ve ordered them because they are closed type and they dont leak sound out like my sennheiser hd 598, i live in a flat with poor sound isolation)
now i want to buy a nuforce icon (dac and amplifier)
so i want to connect the dac via usb cable to my computer and connect my headphones to the dac and listen to music with my headphones
i wanted to ask you now a few things
first could these combination give me a good sound?
will that dac be good enough for those headphones
i listen mostly rock,blues,easy listening(rolling stones,beatles,frank sinatra,budy guy,dylan,cohen,johnny cash)
on foobar (flac ,mp3 320cbr)
i have an usb cabel from before(from my old external hard disc)
can i connect the dac to my computer with that usb cable or should i buy maybe an expensiever usb cable to get a better sound?
i ask that because someone wrote me on some forums before(or i read that somewhere i cant remember correctly where,i cant remember if it was about that dac)
that it needs a special way to connect that dac to my computer to get the maximum sound of that dac
i read something like if i connect it to the computer via usual usb cable that i couldnt get music which is in 24 bit or something (i dont understand such things, i m an laic for computers and so one...)
when i get that dac and connect it to the pc do i need to download a software for it ?
so if someone can write me the procedure how to connect dac to my computer and to configure things in my computer,foobar and the dac that are necessary that the music from the computer goes and transfers into my dac
i would be very thankful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back