Colorfly C4 Use like Dac for Computer
May 8, 2015 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GRIFONE1973

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I bought it today and I am really happy, but I want to know how to operate it as dac for listening to music from your computer.
If I connect to computer USB, the computer reads me the device as an external device, but the sound comes from the computer.
I saw that there are outputs spdifp, but I have no idea how to connect them to your computer to use it as dac.
I hope you can help me.
Thanks a lot.
Davide

May 20, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #2 of 4
The C4 only takes audio in via SPDIF. So you will either need a soundcard with SPDIF output (if you plan to use your C4 a lot with a stationary computer I would recommend looking into getting a new soundcard if your current one doesn't have an SPDIF output) or a USB to SPDIF converter. There are many out there, and I can't readily recommend one. Though a used Hegel HD2 USB DAC (it has SPDIF output as well as analog RCA) could be worth considering, especially if you also have a good pair of speakers you use with your computer or want to use your computer as a source for your home stereo.
Other than that I advise a search here on Head-Fi for USB to SPDIF converters and USB DACs with an SPDIF output option.

Nov 10, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #3 of 4
The C4 only takes audio in via SPDIF. So you will either need a soundcard with SPDIF output (if you plan to use your C4 a lot with a stationary computer I would recommend looking into getting a new soundcard if your current one doesn't have an SPDIF output) or a USB to SPDIF converter. There are many out there, and I can't readily recommend one. Though a used Hegel HD2 USB DAC (it has SPDIF output as well as analog RCA) could be worth considering, especially if you also have a good pair of speakers you use with your computer or want to use your computer as a source for your home stereo.
Other than that I advise a search here on Head-Fi for USB to SPDIF converters and USB DACs with an SPDIF output option.

you are wrong it does output too, read before writing trash

Nov 10, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #4 of 4
Did you even read my post? Or the one I was answering? I never said anything about output, because that isn't relevant to the question in the original post. It wouldn't hurt you to do some reading yourself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back