Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Feb 8, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #3,017 of 3,325
Any Advice on a portable amp to drive Fostex TP50RP MK3 with Colorfly C3?  

I basically picked up the colorfly to listen to these away from my PC, but my FIIO A3 can't drive the fostex properly, not enough juice.

Any one have any advice on an amp that pairs well with the colorfly that has enough juice for the TP50s? 

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #3,018 of 3,325
  Any Advice on a portable amp to drive Fostex TP50RP MK3 with Colorfly C3?  

I basically picked up the colorfly to listen to these away from my PC, but my FIIO A3 can't drive the fostex properly, not enough juice.

Any one have any advice on an amp that pairs well with the colorfly that has enough juice for the TP50s? 

I run my T50RP MK2 from a FiiO E12, not with the C3 but with the FiiO X3.

Since the E12 is discontinued the A5 will fit the bill.

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #3,019 of 3,325
  I run my T50RP MK2 from a FiiO E12, not with the C3 but with the FiiO X3.

Since the E12 is discontinued the A5 will fit the bill.

Nice, thanks.  A5 looks decent and was about to grab one when I saw the Cayin C5.  Now I'm on the fence :).  

I suppose you like the A5 with the T50s?  I found when using the A3 the soundstage seemed to be a bit squished and muddled.  I don't think its the C3, - just using the colorfly C3 directly to a pair of cheap panasonic ear bugs, I get a better soundstage than with the C3/A3 -> T50 combo.

I imagine that mostly is because the A3 is underpowered for the T50s, so trying not to judge based on that, though a consistent comment about the Cayin C5 is nice detail and wider soundstage.  Just wondering how the A5 holds up.

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #3,020 of 3,325
C3 doesn't like metadata that much so if you strip the tags you should be fine. I use Foobar2000 and remove during the transfer process but I know others use some sort of tag-removal program after too.

During the transfer process? When ripping a CD or uploading the music to the C3?

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #3,023 of 3,325
  Nice, thanks.  A5 looks decent and was about to grab one when I saw the Cayin C5.  Now I'm on the fence :).  

I suppose you like the A5 with the T50s?  I found when using the A3 the soundstage seemed to be a bit squished and muddled.  I don't think its the C3, - just using the colorfly C3 directly to a pair of cheap panasonic ear bugs, I get a better soundstage than with the C3/A3 -> T50 combo.

I imagine that mostly is because the A3 is underpowered for the T50s, so trying not to judge based on that, though a consistent comment about the Cayin C5 is nice detail and wider soundstage.  Just wondering how the A5 holds up.

I also have the E11K (A3 predecessor) that I use with my C3, I like an analog volume control and it fits the size of the C3 nicely. The T50rp's do require a bit of power to come alive, which is why I run them on the E12 or E09K/E17 desktop combo.

Have you modified your T50rp's? I applied a version of the BMF DBV 3 mod to mine and it has really improved upon the stock sound.
All mods are in the FIMM thread.

This is what my MK2's look like now.

Feb 14, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #3,025 of 3,325
I just bought a C3 last night even though this thread was started 4 years ago. Hopefully, the C3 enables me to listen to Bandcamp music (and know who the band is) vs the Walnut v2 (waiting for it in the mail), which wouldn't.

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #3,026 of 3,325
Guys, i ve been using C3 for the last 6 months now and been more than satisfyed with the overall sound outcome... and haven't stripped down the tags from any of my files (WAV,MP3FLAC files) 
All of those files are very well reproduced with tags on,so didnt feel the need to stripped them down...The background is almost black there no surprising unexpected bakground noise
Is stripping the tags from any files there obligatory due to some reason i am not aware of? Please any of you having any info on this feel free to comment on this one....

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #3,027 of 3,325
  Is stripping the tags from any files there obligatory due to some reason i am not aware of? Please any of you having any info on this feel free to comment on this one....

If you don't feel the need that it needs to be done, just be happy, that it doesn't. :wink: I think people were mainly doing this because they noticed some problems with excess noise that shouldn't be there.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #3,028 of 3,325
If you don't feel the need that it needs to be done, just be happy, that it doesn't. :wink: I think people were mainly doing this because they noticed some problems with excess noise that shouldn't be there.

ok bro thanks...its heaven to my ears anyway...

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #3,029 of 3,325
  Guys, i ve been using C3 for the last 6 months now and been more than satisfyed with the overall sound outcome... and haven't stripped down the tags from any of my files (WAV,MP3FLAC files) 
All of those files are very well reproduced with tags on,so didnt feel the need to stripped them down...The background is almost black there no surprising unexpected bakground noise

No need to strip the tags if you are having good results.  Trust me you would know if there was a problem.  
L3000.gif

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #3,030 of 3,325
No need to strip the tags if you are having good results.  Trust me you would know if there was a problem.  :L3000:

Thanks bro...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back