Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Jan 26, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #2,971 of 3,325

The same way a Toyota would compare to a Porsche...

LOL, so true Troll and I've yet to find any smartphone that beats a $50 dedicated DAP. As much as I love my Classic's, Touch's and shuffle none of them compete at least to my old ears
rolleyes.gif
(and getting older daily)

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #2,973 of 3,325
I think Troll Dragon did mean it jokingly with C3 being ahead , but to be fair I think Sulbh is talking about these newer fandango sultana smartphones hitting the market with audio specs. Smartphones are putting up some fight recently here, some have thier own threads.

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #2,975 of 3,325
I think Troll Dragon did mean it jokingly with C3 being ahead , but to be fair I think Sulbh is talking about these newer fandango sultana smartphones hitting the market with audio specs. Smartphones are putting up some fight recently here, some have thier own threads.

Would you say smartphones like v10 and axon 7 have surpassed budget daps like colorfly c3 or fiio?

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #2,976 of 3,325

I hear you, I actually only mentioned music iDevices and not their smartphones. For me at least all my DAP's >$50 sound better than any Droid or iPhone I've owned but just like universal video players have improved so much in their CD playback functions smartphones are finally realizing many music enthusiast want great audio playback from their phones. 

Sorry I can't give you comparisons on the C3 vs. Xduoo Laughmore as I don't own any of Xduoo's DAP's but I sure love their XQ-10 amp
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #2,977 of 3,325
  Does anyone own the C3 and Xduoo X3? Which one do you prefer?

I have both, but they are different, so it's hard to say as it can come down to a lot of factors, which include personal preference and synergy with your gear, which are very important factors. For instance, if I only Noble iems I would definitely go for the C3. The C3 has a bunch of limitations, bit it has some magic inside, which make up for them. 

As far as smartphones go, some can be pretty good. I got a Gigaset ME just from sheer interest and it's actually quite good with the ES9018K2M inside. Of course, it doesn't have the power of most of the dedicated DAPs but still is impressive. 

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #2,979 of 3,325
recently made the move from the C3 to AK JR.  It's well worth it.  The C3 was my go to player, it gave me almost everything.  The AK JR has added to that.  But I also have an iriver ihp 140, so am kind of a fanboy...
wink_face.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #2,980 of 3,325
recently made the move from the C3 to AK JR.  It's well worth it.  The C3 was my go to player, it gave me almost everything.  The AK JR has added to that.  But I also have an iriver ihp 140, so am kind of a fanboy...:wink_face:

Yes, the reason I consider AK JR a decent upgrade is obviously for the larger touchscreen but it holds true to C3's unique timbre in its own (new) way, staging and layering. My AK JR is actually preferable (to me) over my AK300, it's a good sounding player. Quite suprised AK provided such an effort on thier cheaper unit.

In addition, you lose the small amount of bass roll-off C3 has, AK JR bass response/speed is quite impressive with every IEM I try.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #2,982 of 3,325
  Yes my thoughts exactly.  I felt I didn't want to lose the c3's signature, and the AK is quite similar in that respect.  The fact it was selling for £249 in the UK also aided my decision!

I had a case arrive today for my AK JR, finally after almost 1-month of waiting.

You can see here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/22620#post_13210626

C3, JR they both have that 'audiophile' touch to their sound signature, why they can be very enjoyable.

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #2,984 of 3,325
  Nice case.  Where did you get that one from?

I had to import it from Japan for a decent price, was about $45 AUD.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/152377422925?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Considering our Australian stores have them but ask $85 AUD I bit the bullet and waited a month.

If you're in USA or able to use Amazon they should have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back