Colorfly C10 - Colorfly Is Back!
Jan 11, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #271 of 397
I just received my Colorfly and the declared value was $144.

Thanks @Dark Helmet , good call. It's a very nice sounding DAP. I like the mix of smooth and analog sound that this unit gives. Sounds great with earbuds and headphones that have a natural timbre to them. The Line Out is probably the best sounding one that I have on the DAPs that I have, which is really what I was after.

Question: How do I know if I have the latest firmware installed on my player? What version should it state? I can't tell, since I tried to install the newest one but it wouldn't update. I think maybe it's because it's already installed.
Did you ever get your M3s back?

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #272 of 397
Did you ever get your M3s back?
I did get the M3s back. I think that the Colorfly sounds on par with the Shanling in balanced mode. I prefer the Colorfly at the moment. They both only have about 10 hours on them though, and I'll see if things change over the next 75 or so.
I've had the Shanling previously, and can say that I appreciate the Colorfly's Line Out sound better than that of the Shanling's through an amp.
I can also say that the Colorfly really gets the timbre of acoustic instruments right. It has a better presentation of the microdetails in the music.
Shanling (great sounding, by the way, not knocking on it) sounds like when you walk into an acoustic room and listen to nice speakers. Tingly, spacious and punchy, and you get kind of impressed by that sort of impact. The Colorfly is warmer sounding and is more like listening to the mixing board in a recording studio. You know, like one step closer to the master tapes.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #273 of 397
I did get the M3s back. I think that the Colorfly sounds on par with the Shanling in balanced mode. I prefer the Colorfly at the moment. They both only have about 10 hours on them though, and I'll see if things change over the next 75 or so.
I've had the Shanling previously, and can say that I appreciate the Colorfly's Line Out sound better than that of the Shanling's through an amp.
I can also say that the Colorfly really gets the timbre of acoustic instruments right. It has a better presentation of the microdetails in the music.
Shanling (great sounding, by the way, not knocking on it) sounds like when you walk into an acoustic room and listen to nice speakers. Tingly, spacious and punchy, and you get kind of impressed by that sort of impact. The Colorfly is warmer sounding and is more like listening to the mixing board in a recording studio. You know, like one step closer to the master tapes.
Nice description. Yes I do find the C10 warm, but still very punchy. Very unique. Currently running it into an ALO Rx. The Rx is designed for sensitive iems, very transparent and quiet. Getting used to the lack of power, but digging it so far as I'm moving away from earbuds.

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #274 of 397
Nice description. Yes I do find the C10 warm, but still very punchy. Very unique. Currently running it into an ALO Rx. The Rx is designed for sensitive iems, very transparent and quiet. Getting used to the lack of power, but digging it so far as I'm moving away from earbuds.
Ahh, nice amp. I want that Continental Dual Mono. I also just got an Aune B1s a couple months ago, which is great with the Colorfly and that Millett Nutube Amp that I built that also pairs great with it.

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #275 of 397
i finally received mine a couple of days ago, i cannot say how impressed i am with this thing for the money and really just impressed in general... i'd say i was glad i took the risk but i think the risk here is actually very little as everyone seems to be getting what they ordered and the product is obviously well made, so the only real risk here is if you are going to like it or not and if not im pretty sure you can get your money back out of it or maybe even make a bit if you sit on it for a bit.

i haven't really got a chance to listen to it yet but just wanted to drop in and say if you are thinking of ordering one it's highly unlikely you'll regret it for $140, i mean that's just stupid cheap really and the player looks and feels anything but.

thanks to everyone who's contributing to this thread, i am really interested in what you guys are doing with amps to go with this, i'll be using the line out feature on this guy quite heavily so amp pairing is going to be a big deal to me, keep it coming guys, really interested!

i will try out with this thing out along with several pairs of headphones and the little bear amp i already have, i don't have anything special in terms of headphones but i do have some of the most common ones out there so we'll see how this goes coming from me next time around, lol.

thanks again guys and gals, really happy that i stumbled upon this and pulled the trigger even if the shipping and tracking...or lack there of is pretty nerve racking, lol..again though everything showed up in perfect condition so lack of tracking really isn't a deal breaker issue imo, it's like what do you actually expect here?

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #276 of 397
A few questions for those with the Colorfly...
Can any of you make the DAC function work properly from your computer? My Mac sees it as a 16bit 48khz DAC, but I can’t get it to output.
2. Is there any way to shuffle the songs on a card by not having to choose a folder? I seem to be able to only go into a final folder and play those songs, but can’t do much of anything else, playwise.

Jan 14, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #277 of 397
My C10 from Joybuy arrived just 5 days ago. I ordered mine in early Oct and it really took a long long time to reach me (SG).
It was both a pleasant surprise when I finally received mine (I was prepared to file for lost shipping) but was also disappointed when I opened up my delivered packaging.
My C10 looks used. The sandalwood shows stain mark (from handling?) and the C10 original carton box was not wrapped sealed.
Not sure if this is the normal case for those who had ordered from Joybuy.
All accessories (screen protector, leather case, charger, USB charger and manual) were complete and charger/ USB cable were properly wrapped.

For USD$144, if mine were to be a used unit, I would still think it's ok for the value.
If this is a confirmed to be a brand new set, then for USD$144, I would think it's a steal for the sound quality that C10 can deliver.

This is how my player looked like straight out of the box: screen covered in scratches + several other signs of wear. Joybuy's customer "support" has been a joke.

YepRO84.jpg
[/IMG]
YepRO84.jpg

Jan 14, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #278 of 397
This is how my player looked like straight out of the box: screen covered in scratches + several other signs of wear. Joybuy's customer "support" has been a joke.

YepRO84.jpg
[/IMG]
YepRO84.jpg
That's the downside of ordering from JB...
took very long to deliver and end up getting stuff that looks used.
But at ~USD$140 that I paid for, this is half price off of what Penon Audio or AliExpress is currently retailing.
I would say it's still very value for money and good thing is, it really sound exceptionally good for me.
Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase.
I hope you do like yours.

Jan 14, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #279 of 397
A few questions for those with the Colorfly...
Can any of you make the DAC function work properly from your computer? My Mac sees it as a 16bit 48khz DAC, but I can’t get it to output.
2. Is there any way to shuffle the songs on a card by not having to choose a folder? I seem to be able to only go into a final folder and play those songs, but can’t do much of anything else, playwise.

1. From Colorfly's C10 web page,
'USB - DAC drive, techenique team is improving, please be patient.'
Link below:-
http://www.colorfly.net/downloadc10.html

I will suggest you not to have any high hope of waiting for Colorfly to ever come up with a solution on USB DAC function for C10.

2. UI and features wise, unfortunately, C10 is rather 'primitive'.
But as for shuffle, I thought C10 handles shuffle the standard way like how most DAPs would do it.
Example, you have many sub folders (Dire Straits-Money For Nothing, Adele-25, Ed Sheeran-Divide, etc, etc) under a main Rock Folder.
If you select the final folder Adele-25, C10 will only shuffle songs within the Adele-25 folder.
I thought this is correct.
Or am I wrong?

Jan 14, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #280 of 397

YepRO84.jpg
[/IMG]
YepRO84.jpg
@janawe I thought that my screen was all scratched up like that too. I was sure that I had gotten a refurbished unit...then I realized that the screen has a very thin protective sticker on it. You can hardly tell that it is one by looking at it. Take your fingernail and scratch on it, you will realize that what you have is just a scratched up protective film. Underneath is a pristine screen (I hope, that is what was under mine). Hope this is the case for yours. Then apply the screen protector that they provide.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #281 of 397
1. From Colorfly's C10 web page,
'USB - DAC drive, techenique team is improving, please be patient.'
Link below:-
http://www.colorfly.net/downloadc10.html

I will suggest you not to have any high hope of waiting for Colorfly to ever come up with a solution on USB DAC function for C10.

2. UI and features wise, unfortunately, C10 is rather 'primitive'.
But as for shuffle, I thought C10 handles shuffle the standard way like how most DAPs would do it.
Example, you have many sub folders (Dire Straits-Money For Nothing, Adele-25, Ed Sheeran-Divide, etc, etc) under a main Rock Folder.
If you select the final folder Adele-25, C10 will only shuffle songs within the Adele-25 folder.
I thought this is correct.
Or am I wrong?
I had read that thing about the USB DAC function on their website. I just didn't realize that it meant that it didn't work at all.

Yeah, the C10 works like that with the folders. I was just hoping that there was a way to "shuffle all".

Jan 15, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #283 of 397

YepRO84.jpg
[/IMG]
YepRO84.jpg
It is just a thin protective sticker peel it off and apply the right one, surely the box was sealed. I have bought a couple and they are new and sealed items at that cost and with free delivery I cannot see how anyone can complain.

Jan 15, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #284 of 397
@janawe I thought that my screen was all scratched up like that too. I was sure that I had gotten a refurbished unit...then I realized that the screen has a very thin protective sticker on it. You can hardly tell that it is one by looking at it. Take your fingernail and scratch on it, you will realize that what you have is just a scratched up protective film. Underneath is a pristine screen (I hope, that is what was under mine). Hope this is the case for yours. Then apply the screen protector that they provide.

Thanks. I have been speculating about this since I noticed a pattern in in the scree surface when looking carefully. I also read about someone with a similar issue with the C4. I haven't yet made an effort to see if it is removable as I was hoping to return the player (thought this seems unlikely now after Joybuy have made it clear that they will not refund my money if the player turns up in a condition that would affect resale value (which is exactly the kind of condition it is in)).

Jan 15, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #285 of 397
It is just a thin protective sticker peel it off and apply the right one, surely the box was sealed. I have bought a couple and they are new and sealed items at that cost and with free delivery I cannot see how anyone can complain.

I am disappointed that I received a used unit (it is not just the screen) when I thought I was getting a new player and most people seem to have received a new one. It might still be good value but I cannot help being disappointed nevertheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back