Colorado Head-Fi Meet 2023 Saturday February 11th
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #151 of 255
What’s up Colorado Peeps.

I’ve been a lurker on head-fi for a long time, not much of a big poster was browsing around an found this thread. I’m around Louisville. Anyway I always thought I was a 2 channel stereo guy, it is very nice no doubt but turns out I like headphones much more. I have been researching and reading so much there are so many options its crazy. I defiantly don’t want to rush but I will be getting a TOTL IEM in the future but in the meantime I just got a TIMELESS, APM, and some CHU for fun and to get an idea what I really want. I’m deep in the Empire Ears thread now, very interested in them for sure, Legend X has all my attention but interested in the Valk & Odin. Who knows I might like something else much more (I was very interested I the Focal Stellia 1st), that’s the fun, right? I would be willing to bring all my stuff to share to a meet-up.

May 27, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #152 of 255
What’s up Colorado Peeps.

I’ve been a lurker on head-fi for a long time, not much of a big poster was browsing around an found this thread. I’m around Louisville. Anyway I always thought I was a 2 channel stereo guy, it is very nice no doubt but turns out I like headphones much more. I have been researching and reading so much there are so many options its crazy. I defiantly don’t want to rush but I will be getting a TOTL IEM in the future but in the meantime I just got a TIMELESS, APM, and some CHU for fun and to get an idea what I really want. I’m deep in the Empire Ears thread now, very interested in them for sure, Legend X has all my attention but interested in the Valk & Odin. Who knows I might like something else much more (I was very interested I the Focal Stellia 1st), that’s the fun, right? I would be willing to bring all my stuff to share to a meet-up.
That'd be fantastic! I use IEMs on more of a mobile only basis myself but I'll bring my WM1A for you to demo with your gear. It's a modded unit and I think you may rather like it. I'll bring some extra Aune tip sets as well for people to use. How do you like over ear headphones?

May 27, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #153 of 255
That'd be fantastic! I use IEMs on more of a mobile only basis myself but I'll bring my WM1A for you to demo with your gear. It's a modded unit and I think you may rather like it. I'll bring some extra Aune tip sets as well for people to use. How do you like over ear headphones?
Awesome, that sounds cool. I like over ears for sure, I currently have the Air Pods Max and they are so great for travel and the wireless convince is great plus the Bass is awesome. The same with the Timless but they are tuned better than the APM.

Jun 27, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #154 of 255
HI guys,

Just a heads-up I will be relocating to SoCal in September so I would love to get another one of these going.

My schedule in late July/early August is pretty open for now.

Jun 27, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #156 of 255
Did we ever settle on a date and location? I seem to remember some folks talking about July 16th, but I never heard if that was confirmed.

Darn! 16th is my birthday and won't work for me as a result.

Jun 27, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #157 of 255
Ack! July 16 is indeed the date we've currently settled on. @Sebastien Chiu, are you sure you don't want to spend your birthday with a bunch of head-fi'ers? Seriously, what could be better?? What if we arranged for a cake and streamed 'Happy Birthday' through all our audio kits? You can't possibly say no to that.

I've been exchanging messages with @Voxata about organizing. The current plan is for me to host at my office in downtown Denver. Voxata is otherwise handling logistics. Hopefully he'll chime in soon.

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #158 of 255
Detailed specifics coming shortly, again, many thanks to Hiker816 for providing a great location!

Jul 1, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #159 of 255
Time for meet details! Again, many thanks to @Hiker816 for providing us an incredible venue for the meet.

Colorado Head-Fi Meet
Time: July 16th @ 1pm-5pm

There is a pull up area for you to unload gear and the audio/dropoff area will be manned. Unload your gear and head to one of a couple nearby parking garages/areas. There is specifically parking that can be reserved in advance to make things easy for you: https://parkchirp.com/facilities/1635-tremont-place-parking/ - Walk to the venue from this location is a couple minutes. If you are taking public transit to the meet you can also take the light rail to Union Station, the hop on the free 16th Street Mall bus and take it to the Court place stop where the building is located. In terms of carpooling Hiker816 has been kind enough to offer rides to anyone in need that is west/south of the downtown area, so send him a PM for coordination. I am also offering rides for any northern members in the Loveland/Fort Collins/Greeley areas.

If you are planning to attend, just send me a PM confirming and include any questions you may have as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you in a couple of weeks!

Jul 1, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #160 of 255
Congratulation guys on meet. I usually lurking here and don't post too much. I mostly switch to speakers but using my head rig too. I probably skip this meet for number of reasons like downtown parking- just don't like it.
My main rig include upgraded single power supreme with sens headphones. I've got some nice sens, akg and beyers phones if I'll able to make it and some good diy amps
Vlad

Jul 2, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #161 of 255
Congratulation guys on meet. I usually lurking here and don't post too much. I mostly switch to speakers but using my head rig too. I probably skip this meet for number of reasons like downtown parking- just don't like it.
My main rig include upgraded single power supreme with sens headphones. I've got some nice sens, akg and beyers phones if I'll able to make it and some good diy amps
Vlad
Thanks for chiming in Vlad! Parking is relatively simple and is able to be registered well ahead of time so it's a seamless park and walk a rather short distance to the spot experience. Before when it was at the library parking was fairly difficult, so I'm looking forward to this year. Hope you reconsider!

Jul 2, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #162 of 255
Thanks for chiming in Vlad! Parking is relatively simple and is able to be registered well ahead of time so it's a seamless park and walk a rather short distance to the spot experience. Before when it was at the library parking was fairly difficult, so I'm looking forward to this year. Hope you reconsider!
Also, Vlad @Vladco , you could consider carpooling and letting someone else do the parking for you!

Jul 2, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #163 of 255
Also to add, there is a drop-off for gear before you park so - no lugging!

Jul 8, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #164 of 255
Have some good news. Both Questyle and Aune were kind enough to get review units out for our meet! For sure I'll be bringing the following:

HD650 (Modded)
Questyle CMA Fifteen
Aune X1S/Jasper
Modded WM1A/Source stuff

Possible Bifrost 2/QuickSilver as well, working on locating my casing after a move for easy transport.

Jul 9, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #165 of 255
Hey All!

Looking forward to this meet! Here's the gear I'll have on hand:

DAC: Chord DAVE

Amps:
----ZMF Pendent SE (currently for sale: https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/price-drop-zmf-pendant-se-headphone-amp.24900/ -- if it sells before the meet, I won't have it, but maybe you could buy it at the meet if you want?)
---RAAL-requisite HSA-1b (not yet posted, but contemplating selling it--again, maybe you could buy it at the meet if you want?)
---CFA3 (Kevin Gilmore design, built by forum member Dukei)

Amp Add-Ons: RAAL-requisite T1-1a Transformer Interface Box

Headphones:
---RAAL-requisite SR1a
---ZMF Verite Closed - Stabilized
---Drop Sennheiser HD 6XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back