Colorado Head-Fi Meet 2023 Saturday February 11th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #106 of 255
I cannot make it the weekend after Thanksgiving but most likely any other weekend in November/early December will work for me.

Oct 16, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #107 of 255
I'm super interested in attending, but it will depend on whether we've been able to get our little kids vaccinated by the time of the meet. I will be watching this thread diligently, though.

Oct 16, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #108 of 255
Just my 2 cents, with daily new cases rising to over 2000 per day and not falling, CO is worse than the end of January.

And breakthrough cases are a reality. A person I know had 2 shots, got Covid and spread to wife and grandkids. While his bout was not as severe as those who are unvaxed, the easy spread is real. I do not want to risk getting myself or anyone else sick. The short term cadiovascular effects are just now being understood with long term effects unknown.

For those reasons I will be absent from any meets for the foreseeable future.

Cheers

Think it important that this viewpoint is expressed. I started to type out reasons why I would be comfortable at this time with a meet, but it was long and boring. I think it just comes down to different people having different experiences during this time, and having different comfort levels with a meet like this. There is a part of me that presumes that most people considering attending are responsible in taking care of their own health and are considerate of the health of others. I hope that to be true and I would encourage others to bring forward their views regarding this matter.

Oct 16, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #109 of 255
With that in mind maybe we should look at moving it to late spring

Oct 16, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #110 of 255
I disagree with moving it. I'm vaccinated , I'm careful. These are the type of things we need to keep Doing . We need to keep the restaurants afloat and keep going to the restaurants. We need to do more of the things we used to do.

Oct 28, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #112 of 255
Hey Guys, not to hijack this thread , but local folks might benefit. I am giving up my dedicated headphone setup and a few other things in a downsizing. I have a few classifieds here (search) but will be adding more like a good sub and power conditioner to be listed. I mention these cuz freight is sic right now and if you are local a $3 gas bill might be a good savings.

Dec 31, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #113 of 255
Dec 31, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #115 of 255
It's been pretty nuts, thankfully I'm located in the northern area. I work in supply chain and we pushed an emergency order for 12,000 space heaters because utilities had to cut natural gas to some areas. Glad we were able to get them out before snow fell.

Dec 31, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #116 of 255
All good here. I'm probably the closest being off 104th.

Evac areas end around 120th, have friends who can see the fires.

Jan 1, 2022 at 4:59 AM Post #117 of 255
Glad to hear! Everyone I know who needed to be evacuated is safe fortunately. Unfortunately a friend knows a few people whose house was caught.

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #119 of 255
Anyone know a good audio store in Denver that would carry the Mojo 2?

I'm here for a few months to work/ski (I live in Miami) and I don't know the go-to audio stores in the area.

Tia

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #120 of 255
Anyone know a good audio store in Denver that would carry the Mojo 2?

I'm here for a few months to work/ski (I live in Miami) and I don't know the go-to audio stores in the area.

Tia

Gold Sound is a Chord dealer, though the last time I was there (some years ago) they only had their cables in stock. ListenUp would be the other store that comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back