coffee-fi
Oct 15, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #332 of 425
Ahh coffee

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #333 of 425
Sold my Behmor to a friend and bought a Kaldi Wide, with the chaff collector/bean cooling unit.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Jun 1, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #334 of 425
https://www.amazon.com/Number-One-Original-Thai-Iced/dp/B00712N6II

Thai Tea! The ultimate coffee replacement.
F59A3A70-24B0-480B-8EC3-AD6160DCDF98.jpeg

Sep 29, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #336 of 425
Any k cup coffee recommended?

Not a fan of k cups except purely for convenience sake, but I can recommend Peet's (disclosure: I used to work in the home office). They would overnight these huge (> 100lbs) sealed bags of freshly roasted coffee from the roastin plant to Keurig Green Mountain to be made into K-cups. Freshness still makes a difference.

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #338 of 425
everyone should have the pleasure of using a moka pot for coffee in the mornings...making some cuban coffee is the best joy in the world.

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #339 of 425
I've been working for quite some years in the coffee world and appreciate specially arabic (arabiga variety) ones. Nespresso facility in Switzerland is something to take a look at. Big vacuum room where the best green coffees are toasted, ground and encapsulated. The whole coffee system is (or was at least) conceived as a closed system that grants always same toast degree, machine pressure, grain measure and consistent final product, buying the best plantations in the world along with Starbucks. Although they are very different animals (espresso vs. long -more water plus saviors- coffe). But at the end, in regards to the coffee origins, the height at which it was grown is the most important thing when looking for the best green coffee quality.
Jamaican Blue Mountain is considered to be one of the best varieties, but the production is very short and there're a lot of places that claim to sell it when they're selling fishes for chickens. Not too much people has had the chance to taste it for real.
Anyway, espresso format always for the win hehe.

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #340 of 425
Jamaican Blue Mountain is considered to be one of the best varieties, but the production is very short and there're a lot of places that claim to sell it when they're selling fishes for chickens.

It's been awhile since I've had JBM. I got into the hype of it many, many years ago because it's certainly expensive although my understanding is that a large part of that reason is because 80% goes to Japan and the rest of the world has to make due with the minimal remaining 20% supply. If you want something low in supply, go buy some kopi luwak (more a novelty than great coffee in the 2 times I've had it).

I'm partial to Ethiopian and Kenyan beans and sometimes Guatemalan Gesha (I haven't seen Panama Gesha available anywhere except in Panama).

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #341 of 425
It's been awhile since I've had JBM. I got into the hype of it many, many years ago because it's certainly expensive although my understanding is that a large part of that reason is because 80% goes to Japan and the rest of the world has to make due with the minimal remaining 20% supply. If you want something low in supply, go buy some kopi luwak (more a novelty than great coffee in the 2 times I've had it).

I'm partial to Ethiopian and Kenyan beans and sometimes Guatemalan Gesha (I haven't seen Panama Gesha available anywhere except in Panama).

You're right. I'm lately trying a lot of different AA quality beans from different places and opened a lot my mind in the last years. I drink a lot of coffee (1-2 coffee with milk + 5-7 spresso a day at least) and love to be able to choose between different tastes, intensities, etc.
Nowadays it's possible to drink very good decaffs too, so since some years ago, I'm no longer looking for rare beans from very short harvests unless the opportunity presents itself unexpectedly.

IMG20201225004508.jpgIMG20201225004548.jpg

Dec 31, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #343 of 425
Another coffee geek here :wink: took some savings to get a nice setup. I enjoy trying a lot of different roasters from around the world 🤩

Cheers!
Gorgeous! :heart_eyes:
Happy 2021!

Jan 4, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #345 of 425
Yes. In my case always in ristretto format (very short). But I think that the important thing here is to enjoy it in everyone's preferences, despite format or quantity :relaxed:
IMG20210104214429.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back