coffee-fi
Apr 19, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #301 of 425
coffee.jpg Another home roaster here.

I use Bodhi Leaf for my beans, they have a decent sale on a different bean each week.

El Salvador and Nicaragua beans have been consistent winners for me, nice chocolate and berry notes.

Last weekend's run was El Salvador Bello Horizonte and PNG Arokara.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #305 of 425
When I have the time (weekends), I'm all about my 6-cup Chemex, Hario V60 Electric, Jennings CJ4000, and a fresh pouch of coffee from Counter Culture or Philz. Workdays it's Keurig sludge:frowning2:

What's so bad about Keurig coffee?

Oct 10, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #307 of 425
Black ivory coffee comming the worlds rarest and most expensive.

Oct 10, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #308 of 425
Black ivory coffee comming the worlds rarest and most expensive.

You’re on your own with that one. Naturally refined by elephants just doesn’t seem appealing.

What’s really scary is some of the pricing on, um, traditionally processed coffee. I’m a big fan of George Howell, and they certainly carry coffee in the $20-$30 a pound range, but I’m starting to see microlots for $250-$300 a pound. I’m willing to spend outrageous prices on collectable whiskey, but personally drawing the line on that kind of pricing for coffee.

That said, enjoy the Black Ivory and post some tasting notes. Don’t forget to add the Coffee mate :sweat_smile:

Oct 10, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #309 of 425
I figured blue mountain check, Hawaiian kona check, black ivory soon to check. Why should ritz Carleton patrons only have the try. Course notes and photos to follow. 300 lb produced world wide in 2017.

Oct 10, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #310 of 425
I figured blue mountain check, Hawaiian kona check, black ivory soon to check. Why should ritz Carleton patrons only have the try. Course notes and photos to follow. 300 lb produced world wide in 2017.

300lbs of beans or 300lbs of elephant remnants? It certainly does bring new meaning to washed processing.

Sorry, I’ll stop and let you enjoy.

I’ve really been liking what’s coming out of Guatemala recently. There seems to be a new generation of coffee growers who are turning out some fantastic beans. The Pulcal has been exceptional recently.

Nov 18, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #311 of 425
well black ivory is a full cherry bloom type coffee so it has that slight bitter cherry taste with chocolate tones.sorry for the pun.....Ok so the ritz can charge 50$ a coffee for this, realistically its 20 bucks per coffee at home. Not quite my thing as other cheery bloom lots like iota from brazil dentura farms. Im more into buttery hawaiian kona or jamaica blue type coffees. But after me and mine had a few cups we still have a couple of packs left, so our bottom feeding isn't done, har har

Nov 18, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #312 of 425
well black ivory is a full cherry bloom type coffee so it has that slight bitter cherry taste with chocolate tones.sorry for the pun.....Ok so the ritz can charge 50$ a coffee for this, realistically its 20 bucks per coffee at home. Not quite my thing as other cheery bloom lots like iota from brazil dentura farms. Im more into buttery hawaiian kona or jamaica blue type coffees. But after me and mine had a few cups we still have a couple of packs left, so our bottom feeding isn't done, har har

At least you can say you’ve tried it. What method did you use to brew it?

Was lazy this morning and went to La Colombe for a cappuccino. It’s nice to have one of the best roasters locally and they recently opened up a coffee shop near home. If I’m out food shopping on a weekend morning, it’s a nice option for a great cup on the run.

Nov 18, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #313 of 425
I have a jura 1 cappuccino maker with pour options. Use a separate frother. All auto so fairly handy. Got it through airmails a decade ago, it keeps on ticking so just stay with the danish cap maker

Dec 24, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #315 of 425
Those of you who work in offices - outside of buying from coffee shops how do you get your coffee? I have terrible coffee at work (Keurig or some Dunkin donuts brew). I've been struggling between purchasing a $5 latte (or similarly priced Expresso drink) or dealing with what I have at work.

I've been toying with the idea of a portable french press for a while and ended up purchasing the espro travel cup as it was on sale at Starbucks. If all goes well I'll purchase a small airtight container so that it can fit around a week or so of coffee grinds and keep it at work. I'll use the espro more like a small french press than anything portable since I'll keep it at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back