Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://img2.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1287o.jpg

Oh my, oh my!
bigsmile_face.gif

/me got an urge for coffee right now...

Sep 16, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #62 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I normally buy about 4 bags, open one and keep the rest in the freezer until i need it.

That's a bad idea. Freezing coffee will destroy it... the moisture will move around and screw things up. Just leave it at RT in a cupboard or closet and it'll be in better shape, I can guarantee it.

Sep 18, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #64 of 171
Here's a pic of what I've been drinking. It's delicious, moderately priced and looks good with my cans.

p1050757.png

Sep 18, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #65 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a bad idea. Freezing coffee will destroy it... the moisture will move around and screw things up. Just leave it at RT in a cupboard or closet and it'll be in better shape, I can guarantee it.

I read that, too. However, after experimenting with several coffees I am not convinced that is the case. FWIW: Some people on coffee geek came to a similar conclusion and caused a bit of a stir in the internet coffee world.

Sep 20, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #67 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can freeze coffee in a sealed container or bag (e.g. coffee bag with vacuum valve covered with tape), as long as you only unseal it after allowing it to defrost completely. This prevents condensation from forming on the beans themselves, so they don't stale. It's quite an effective technique.

Note that this is completely different from taking a bag of coffee and storing it in the freezer for day to day use. In this scenario, condensation forms on the coffee itself every time you use it, staling it very quickly. Not that it makes much of a difference, since people who do this tend to be buying stale, pre-ground coffee anyway.

Sep 20, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #69 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by diogenes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read that, too. However, after experimenting with several coffees I am not convinced that is the case. FWIW: Some people on coffee geek came to a similar conclusion and caused a bit of a stir in the internet coffee world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can freeze coffee in a sealed container or bag (e.g. coffee bag with vacuum valve covered with tape), as long as you only unseal it after allowing it to defrost completely. This prevents condensation from forming on the beans themselves, so they don't stale. It's quite an effective technique.

Note that this is completely different from taking a bag of coffee and storing it in the freezer for day to day use. In this scenario, condensation forms on the coffee itself every time you use it, staling it very quickly. Not that it makes much of a difference, since people who do this tend to be buying stale, pre-ground coffee anyway.

Ideal way to freeze coffee beans:

Weigh out your serving sizes into snack size Ziploc bags. Place the bags into a Mason jar, and put the jar in the freezer. Remove the bags as needed. That way the beans are not subject to thawing and condensation. I've found this to be good for 2-3 months, but no longer than that. The beans eventually do go stale.

Enjoying some Ethiopia DP Birbissa from Sweet Maria's, roasted a few days ago just to the first snap of 2nd crack.
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #72 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Inverted Areopressing:

Inverted Aeropressing for Better Coffee

I haven't tried this method myself just curious if anyone else here has.

Very interesting.

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #74 of 171
I am considering buying a AeroPress.
From what I have read it seems to give a more tasty coffee than a press pot, and be easier to clean. Can not go wrong with that...
biggrin.gif

aero_press_03.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back