Coffee Anyone?
Oct 6, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #94 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Went to Starbucks on Saturday, ordered, the girl asked for my name to put on the cup as it was busy....this is what i got back. lol

That was obviously the work of an English major eh?

Oct 6, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #95 of 171
To be fair to her, she is Polish, very pretty and blonde
tongue.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #96 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To be fair to her, she is Polish, very pretty and blonde
tongue.gif

Now you tell me! So what's the gripe?
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #98 of 171
My submission for today: Please avoid the Starbucks Komodo Dragon blend. I'm pretty disappointed with the pound that I bought... it really just tastes like the rejects from the Sumatra blend, and over-roasted to cover the inconsistencies in flavor. It just goes to show you that there's a fine line when it comes to roasting, and my experience is that Starbucks coffee crosses that line and becomes garbage 50% of the time.

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #99 of 171
I just got a vintage 70s 12-cup Sunbeam (Chitown) Stainless Percolator off Ebay. It's got a rotary "Brew Stength" dial that I crank up to 11.

Don't hate me because I'm caffeinated.

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #102 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My submission for today: Please avoid the Starbucks Komodo Dragon blend. I'm pretty disappointed with the pound that I bought... it really just tastes like the rejects from the Sumatra blend, and over-roasted to cover the inconsistencies in flavor. It just goes to show you that there's a fine line when it comes to roasting, and my experience is that Starbucks coffee crosses that line and becomes garbage 50% of the time.

thanks for the heads up sir MD1032... will try other flavours on my next visit
beerchug.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #103 of 171
Not to be a jerk,
tongue_smile.gif
but buying coffee in any form from Starbucks is a great way to waste money. Surly, in any town where a Starbucks is to be found, there have to be many better alternatives locally. If there are not, it is a perfect excuse to buy an inexpensive roaster and roast your own.
atsmile.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #104 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jerk

Hey man, congrats on your Aeropress. If you ever have any questions, just let me know!

Oct 7, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #105 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My observations as well, but for more like 80% of the time.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back