1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Coffee Anyone?

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. chud
    i just bought an AeroPress.

2. wink
  3. raymondlin
    Went to Starbucks on Saturday, ordered, the girl asked for my name to put on the cup as it was busy....this is what i got back. lol

[​IMG]

4. kwkarth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Went to Starbucks on Saturday, ordered, the girl asked for my name to put on the cup as it was busy....this is what i got back. lol

[​IMG]

That was obviously the work of an English major eh?

5. raymondlin
    To be fair to her, she is Polish, very pretty and blonde [​IMG]

6. kwkarth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    To be fair to her, she is Polish, very pretty and blonde [​IMG]

Now you tell me! So what's the gripe? [​IMG]

7. uraflit
    i would like some (glen) coffee with my 49ers, please

8. MD1032 Contributor
    My submission for today: Please avoid the Starbucks Komodo Dragon blend. I'm pretty disappointed with the pound that I bought... it really just tastes like the rejects from the Sumatra blend, and over-roasted to cover the inconsistencies in flavor. It just goes to show you that there's a fine line when it comes to roasting, and my experience is that Starbucks coffee crosses that line and becomes garbage 50% of the time.

9. catachresis
    I just got a vintage 70s 12-cup Sunbeam (Chitown) Stainless Percolator off Ebay. It's got a rotary "Brew Stength" dial that I crank up to 11.

Don't hate me because I'm caffeinated.

10. Bob_McBob
    Not to be a jerk, but percolators are one of the worst possible brewing methods for coffee.

11. chud
    jerk

12. bass_nut
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    My submission for today: Please avoid the Starbucks Komodo Dragon blend. I'm pretty disappointed with the pound that I bought... it really just tastes like the rejects from the Sumatra blend, and over-roasted to cover the inconsistencies in flavor. It just goes to show you that there's a fine line when it comes to roasting, and my experience is that Starbucks coffee crosses that line and becomes garbage 50% of the time.

thanks for the heads up sir MD1032... will try other flavours on my next visit [​IMG]

13. kwkarth
    Not to be a jerk, [​IMG] but buying coffee in any form from Starbucks is a great way to waste money. Surly, in any town where a Starbucks is to be found, there have to be many better alternatives locally. If there are not, it is a perfect excuse to buy an inexpensive roaster and roast your own. [​IMG]

14. kwkarth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    jerk

Hey man, congrats on your Aeropress. If you ever have any questions, just let me know!

15. kwkarth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My observations as well, but for more like 80% of the time.[​IMG]

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last