1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Coffee Anyone?

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. mrarroyo Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    ... As for distilled water, I wouldn't use that, it has no flavor. I prefer filtered water. Just get something to remove the chlorine flavors and such but keep in the minerals.

My comment was not mean to use distilled water for all your needs. It would be wrong since as you stated it would have no minerals. I wrote to use distilled water for making coffe or tea, and as you wrote it has no flavor and thus the reason it would not affect the taste of coffe or tea. [​IMG]

2. kwkarth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cianyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Are you on their payroll or something? [​IMG]

Haha! I wish I were! Actually, I have probably gone through more coffee brewing methods and devices than there are years in your life, and I have only had the Aeropress for about six or seven years, maybe not quite that long, but in any event, I am still amazed to this day that it works so well and makes such an awesome cup of coffee.

I would imagine almost anybody could brew a good cup of coffee if you throw all the equipment in the world at it, price no object, but to produce a product that can be retailed for 25 bux and that makes one of the best tasting cups of coffee in the world... Well, that's a pretty cool product. It's small, simple, inexpensive, durable, easy to use, and makes outstandingly good coffee. What's not to like?

3. kwkarth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I would say that a French Press is far more versatile. You can get them in a variety of sizes and you can use them for loose leaf teas of very fine leaves to large flower buds in addition to coffee. I use mine for tea at the office these days than coffee. Plus the Aeropress has disposable filters.

As for distilled water, I wouldn't use that, it has no flavor. I prefer filtered water. Just get something to remove the chlorine flavors and such but keep in the minerals.

OK, versatile in different ways. I've never tried making tea with the aeropress, although I can't see a reason why it would not work.

Botton line the Aeropress makes more varieties of of coffee drinks and that taste much better, and is easier to clean, than a French Press.

If you're after a cup of coffee that tastes like the best freshly ground coffee smells, I've never found anything that works better than the Aeropress.

Keep in mind that's just my personal observation and opinion. I am not trying to denigrate your opinion in any way.

4. MD1032 Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Actually, my favorite coffee maker is the AeroPress. I use mine every day.
    A close second is a single cup filter cone with a metal filter.

Click here for AeroPress Coffee Maker

I'm not sure I like the idea of the Aeropress... I can see two immediate problems:

1) You can only make one cup at a time.
    2) Aromaticity issues: One of the reason I love brewing is because of the wonderful smells it produces... it fills my whole apartment with the wonderful smell of whatever coffee I made. Since taste beyond the basic tastes (sweet, sour, bitter, salty, etc) requires smelling, I'd imagine coffee from the aeropress would not taste as good because you don't have as much of the smell permeating the air... plus, there's no anticipation!

5. kwkarth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I'm not sure I like the idea of the Aeropress... I can see two immediate problems:

1) You can only make one cup at a time.
    2) Aromaticity issues: One of the reason I love brewing is because of the wonderful smells it produces... it fills my whole apartment with the wonderful smell of whatever coffee I made. Since taste beyond the basic tastes (sweet, sour, bitter, salty, etc) requires smelling, I'd imagine coffee from the aeropress would not taste as good because you don't have as much of the smell permeating the air... plus, there's no anticipation!

Try it and see for yourself.

6. voltraizer
    here's a pic of the 15-bar brewer i use at home.
    [​IMG]krups

I tried regrinding popular ground coffee beans like folgers and hillsbros
    to the finest grind possible . This method seems to add more aroma and flavor to
    my coffee .
    But there's no substitute to freshly roasted and freshly grinded coffee beans .

Among my favorites:
    Ethiopian: very aromatic & heavy bodied.
    Brazillian: medium -bodied, moderately acidic& pleasant earthiness
    Mexican: also aromatic, mildly bodied and mildly acidic

[​IMG]
    the world famous alamid!......[​IMG].

7. itsborken Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bass_nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    i use SAECO automatic espresso machine
    [​IMG]

this is the best Starbucks' coffee for my taste buds as i prefer very strong coffee [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yay team Saeco! I've always preferred a nice Kona blend though.

8. voltraizer
    the tasty and delicious alamid coffee bean variety that bassnut gave me has a unique strong aftertaste .[​IMG]

will upgrade to saeco depending on mr wallet's discretion.....[​IMG]

9. dbfreak
    Ah, coffee! The last decent cup of coffee I had was at Café Dommayer in Hietzing, while scrutinizing the works of Freud and annoyed by the works of Strauss playing in the background. Ein große Braune, bitte!

10. itsborken Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by voltraizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    will upgrade to saeco depending on mr wallet's discretion.....[​IMG]

No kidding. My wife talked me into a royal digital plus a few years ago and at the time I thought she was out of her mind. She was right though; there's nothing like fresh coffee whenever you want it. The thought of sending it in for repair and not having it for a few weeks makes me shudder.

11. bass_nut
    hahaha... music, photography, coffee and other hobbies.. very good combo indeed [​IMG]

sir itsborken .. after repeated comparo A/B/C i found saeco brew much stronger than another brand of same category .. well, it is just me [​IMG]

sir voltraizer.. will hunt for civet (alamid) coffee when i visit tagaytay again [​IMG]

12. havagr8da
    Sumatra Black Satin Roast - made with a French Press

13. raymondlin
    I buy my beans from an online company (hasbean.co.uk), you pick the beans (green, roasted, grinded for different methods of brewing), i buy roasted. Then they roast it on the day or order, post it out the SAME day (Vacuum sealed), I get it the next day via UPS. Starbucks can't compete, not for freshness. I normally buy about 4 bags, open one and keep the rest in the freezer until i need it.

Freshly Roasted Coffee Beans from Has Bean Coffee I tend to get 3 of my regulars, and 1 to experiment with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. bass_nut
    the picture tells it all... that golden brown colored crema sure is one excellent coffee sir raymondlin.. your Gaggia espresso machine is truly a barista quality [​IMG]

15. voltraizer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bass_nut
    sir voltraizer.. will hunt for civet (alamid) coffee when i visit tagaytay again[​IMG]

tons of thanks sir bass_nut [​IMG][​IMG]

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last