Coffee Anyone?
Sep 11, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #31 of 171
My favorite coffee:
2902713539_e388e69bf5.jpg

I'm really addicted to it. Making one is a really art.

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #32 of 171
I roast my own coffee (usually from Sweet Maria's). This morning, I made French Roast Blend for my first cup. Later, I'm having Ethiopia Wet Process Kebado. I use the manual drip method most of the time, brewing directly into a thermal carafe. We also have a couple Moka pots and a couple French Press pots.

And I too drink mine black, no sugar.

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #33 of 171
Vietnamese iced coffee? I love that stuff! Goes great with spring rolls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My favorite coffee:
2902713539_e388e69bf5.jpg

I'm really addicted to it. Making one is a really art.

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #34 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of brewers do you guys use and why? I have the $18 Black and Decker kind, and it's actually not too bad... 975 Watts, gets the water really, really hot.

Actually, my favorite coffee maker is the AeroPress. I use mine every day.
A close second is a single cup filter cone with a metal filter.

Click here for AeroPress Coffee Maker

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #37 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cianyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I've got an expresso machine. All I've got is a percolator

Why don't you try an AeroPress? They're only 25 bux or so. They don't really make espresso, but pretty close to it.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #40 of 171
Just be aware that there is a VAST difference between the the final product of Aeropress vs. any French press.

IMHO, the AeroPress coffee is SO much better and how you use the press is so much more versatile than the French press.

Sep 13, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #43 of 171
My water's well filtered.

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #44 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just be aware that there is a VAST difference between the the final product of Aeropress vs. any French press.

IMHO, the AeroPress coffee is SO much better and how you use the press is so much more versatile than the French press.

I would say that a French Press is far more versatile. You can get them in a variety of sizes and you can use them for loose leaf teas of very fine leaves to large flower buds in addition to coffee. I use mine for tea at the office these days than coffee. Plus the Aeropress has disposable filters.

As for distilled water, I wouldn't use that, it has no flavor. I prefer filtered water. Just get something to remove the chlorine flavors and such but keep in the minerals.

Sep 13, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #45 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you on their payroll or something?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back