1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Coffee Anyone?

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. DanT
    Look what I just receive today

Hmmmmm, coffee [​IMG] Hario Nouveau with Fresh Home Roasted coffee now that make a nice cup.

Although most people won't know what the heck this is [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. redshifter
    wow dan, what an unusual... shape.[​IMG]

i prefer a double shot of epsresso from my estro profi pump espresso machine in the morning, with a little hot water added. right now i'm having my afternoon french press starbuck's columbia coffee.

did you know that those who drink 2 cups a day have 50% less chance of alcohol related liver disease (of those who drink alcohol)?

3. Edwood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
    I PASSED!!!

Boy this was a crazy hard test...I squeaked through but with a decent comfort zone...

I had a caffeine "crash" a few hours after my test...it knocked me out until 8:30 this morning...

I was late for work [​IMG]

LOL

Congrats on passing the test. [​IMG]

And uh, ease off on the coffee, lest you get those horrendeous caffiene withdrawal headaches.

-Ed

4. Edwood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT
    Look what I just receive today

Hmmmmm, coffee [​IMG] Hario Nouveau with Fresh Home Roasted coffee now that make a nice cup.

Although most people won't know what the heck this is [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haha, a quick look at that contraption leads me to intially believe you are in BC. [​IMG]

-Ed

5. gsferrari Contributor
    That contraption has a rather "phallic" looking component that was probably included to make it appeal to the ladies [​IMG]

6. DanT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
    Haha, a quick look at that contraption leads me to intially believe you are in BC. [​IMG]

-Ed

[​IMG] in fact I ordered it from BC (British Columbia[​IMG] )

Here some picture of it in action

Click on the image for larger

First fill with hot water in lower globe
    [​IMG]

Then put it back start the flame and put coffee in the upper part wait a bit till heat up somewhat but not boiling 195~200 F
    [​IMG]

Put the upper part on
    [​IMG]

Wait till the water goes up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT:When It's UP wait 1 minute for complete full brewing

Cap the flame and wait till it goes back down
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then serve delicious coffee
    [​IMG]

7. stevesurf Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT
    [​IMG] in fact I ordered it from BC (British Columbia[​IMG] )

Here some picture of it in action

That has to be the coolest set of posts; you should be writing the operating instructions for them. Now all you need is those special beans pooped out by a Luwak [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. DanT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
    That has to be the coolest set of posts; you should be writing the operating instructions for them. Now all you need is those special beans pooped out by a Luwak [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quite on the expensive side for pooped coffee

http://www.buy-kopi-luwak.com/

buy it for only $89.95 per pound

I pick the link from coffeegeek.com forums not that I'm activly searching for it or nothing [​IMG]

9. JT107
    Hmmmmm, coffee Hario Nouveau with Fresh Home Roasted coffee now that make a nice cup.

Although most people won't know what the heck this is

Sure. We know.They were popular in the 70's.

10. ken36 Contributor
    I've been drinking the US Defense Department contract coffee everyday since June 1958. It has sustained me through some slippery patches for a long, long time. Wouldn't have it any other way.

11. bass_nut
    [​IMG]

12. WalkGood
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    This is probably the best coffee I have ever tasted in my life!!!

Cafe' Britt (Gourmet Coffee Beans Costa Rica Coffee - Cafe Britt) 100% Costa Rica Arabica Coffee - Dark Roast

I AM WIRED!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

My south american neighbor just happened to have this in her hand when I went over to borrow a few filters for my lame colombian excuse-for-coffee. She gave me an entire 340g bag to keep along with a bunch of filters. Now this either means that she doesnt want me knocking on her door again [​IMG] Or that she genuinely cares that I pass my exam tomorrow...

I am studying for a CCNP certification exam (BCRAN for those of you who are in the know...) and this is probably the weirdest Cisco cert. test out there...positively bizarre...

I totally need the coffee...im gonna NAIL this test tomorrow...

hmmm...

[​IMG]

It's great, been drinking it over 20 years, before it was available state side, I'd bring it back. But the price has really gone up over the years [​IMG]

13. Valens7
    I work at Starbucks, so I get free coffee if I want it. I don't drink it at home that much, and I prefer decaf. I don't like getting all hopped up on caffeine. Unfortunately, most of the better-tasting coffees aren't offered in decaf. In any case, I always take mine black.

14. kwkarth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JT107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Hmmmmm, coffee Hario Nouveau with Fresh Home Roasted coffee now that make a nice cup.

Although most people won't know what the heck this is

Sure. We know.They were popular in the 70's.

Yup, about the home roasted coffee, you're on the money!!

The Hario, I have something similar, and the first time I say this concept was back in the early '50's (yes, 1950's) made be Farberware in all stainless steel.
    The configuration was very much like the Hario but steel with an integrated electric heater. I have a Melita (no longer on the market) also that works by the same principle.

15. MD1032 Contributor
    What kind of brewers do you guys use and why? I have the $18 Black and Decker kind, and it's actually not too bad... 975 Watts, gets the water really, really hot.

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last